NooB- Can this be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NooB- Can this be done?

ok i have a bunch of broken lab tops, and well the only thing that works on them is the LCD screen, basicly its a 15 inch lcd screen, I want to know if it would be possible to install this screen in my car

Notes
    Their is no actual cpu, just a screen
    I have a dvd player in the car installed as well as dc-ac converter all hooked up just waiting for a source for the video out
    All connections on the screen r intact, basicly its just been unplugged from the labtop

Can this be done, if so can u direct me in what i have to do

thanks for ur time

This has been discussed a lot of times.

You "could" do it, but it is a lot of trouble. You cannot directly wire a VGA connector to the connector you have on this screen.
    Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
    Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
    Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

From what it sounds like, you don't even want to connect it to a computer; you want to connect it to you DVD player. If that's the case, now, in addition to everything else you'll have to finagel, you'll need to convert the signal from the DVD player to VGA.

Sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.

Search, it's been covered. Hope for your sake that DP doesn't see this thread
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

possible, yes, practical.... no way!!! cheaper & easier to buy a new complete monitor by far!!! forget it...
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by NoSkillz
          I want to know if it would be possible to install this screen in my car

Can this be done, if so can u direct me in what i have to do
          Is it possible to installed in the car? YES if your fab skill is okay or willing to learn.
          So where? Go to the fab forum and learn how to work with fiberglass/epoxy/adhensive/bodyfiller ..... or google the web for fiberglass.

Now the question is how usefull is that screen? Very much useless. You just installed a POS on your car. Without controller, the screen is NOTHING but a piece of glass with wires/connector sticking around.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
            Is it possible to installed in the car? YES if your fab skill is okay or willing to learn.
            So where? Go to the fab forum and learn how to work with fiberglass/epoxy/adhensive/bodyfiller ..... or google the web for fiberglass.

Now the question is how usefull is that screen? Very much useless. You just installed a POS on your car. Without controller, the screen is NOTHING but a piece of glass with wires/connector sticking around.

And to prove everyones point, just go to www.earthlcd.com and see what they charge for VGA controlers.

Michael
            ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

thanks alot, for ur time, and effort, u made my decision simple..... gone to the garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                And to prove everyones point, just go to www.earthlcd.com and see what they charge for VGA controlers.

Michael

A better option is to buy a new VGA screen than pay an arm, leg and couple fingers for the controller.
                earthlcd had been mention on this site way before the Lilliput and Xernac exist.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                X