what exactly do i need!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what exactly do i need!?!

hey i did some searches and couldnt find anywhere a basic list of the necessary parts and what not needed. What I want to do is be able to play movies and music (of course) and i want to be able to have my XM hooked up to it along with GPS. Anyone have any reccomendations for this? If you could post your current set ups or any suggestions that would be great. Oh, and I want to use a touchscreen. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Mike

Ok, many people use the VIA M10000 motherboard because its small and consumes very little power. As far as touchscreens go, the Lilliput is used alot. Here is a great thread explaining how to get started. Here is a thread that lists a "suggested system". And lastly Here is where you can find information about using xm radio on your carpc. Also, check out the mp3car store, it has just about everything you need for your build. Good luck

Comment

You need a computer, a means of power the computer in the car, a touchscreen, a GPS receiver and software and the hardware necessary to receive XM on the computer.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

this is covered in the faq over and over....search you ****in n00b
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

calm down Peoples no one needs to die today, just put down the gun and setp out of the tower...

Comment

well.....sorry........just spent the past half hour looking for parking.....because ****in landscaping people are lazy....and blocked entrance to like 20 spots.
            PC Components:
            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
            My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
              well.....sorry........just spent the past half hour looking for parking.....because ****in landscaping people are lazy....and blocked entrance to like 20 spots.
              Are you talking about the giant pile of leaves?

Comment

exactly
                PC Components:
                My work log

Comment

Don't forget the key factor $$ and time.

Thanatos.
                  RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                  We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

an understanding gf....if you have a gf
                    PC Components:
                    My work log

Comment

Amen. (laura is going to kill me cus I din't come with that idea )

Thanatos.
                      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbycope
                        calm down Peoples no one needs to die today, just put down the gun and setp out of the tower...

i think we delt out our daily allowance of aids to the spammers today.
                        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

Working...
                        X