Connect soundcard to receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect soundcard to receiver

Well, hello to everybody. This is my first post at this forum after being reading a lot in it.
    But until now I din"t found any answer to my question.
    That's why this post.

Well this is my problem.
    I want to connect my VIA EPIA soundcard to my Bose receiver.(I am not gonna use any headunit in the car)
    The problem is that the receiver doesn't have any RCA in or out put.

As this receiver came standard with the car they connected the radio to the receiver using a ISO connector.

From the receiver there goes a bundle of cabels to al the speakers and on the other side a bundel of more cables to the radio with at the end a ISO connector.

My question is how to connect from this

to this

Hope that some can help me with this problem with some information or site where I can see or buy anything to make this possible.
    Gods right foot!!

Renault Grand Espace 3.5 V6

If there is no aux input for the car receiver, there is no way to put sound into that thing. So google for aux adapter for your car's receiver/HU.
    But, you can add amplifier and hook it up and/or toss that HU and goes with aftermarket HU that has aux option.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I don't think you're going to be able to do it in the manner you're asking. If your receiver doesn't have any inputs, then it doesn't have any inputs and you can't connect anything else to it without using an RF modulator.

The connectors in the top picture are easily explainable. The five leads at the top (Black, Brown (?), Blue, Red, Yellow) are your power/ground and control leads. The eight below (Green, Green/stripe, White, White/stripe, etc) are speaker OUTputs (two Positive/Negative pairs for front, and two for rear) and cannot be used for input.

Comment

I also was thinking about an adapter, and I found one on a german site.

Its the 3rd from the top.

http://www.z-tronic.de/sound/zubehoe...so_adapter.asp

As you can see , this one can connect to the ISO on the BOSE receiver, the problem is that it only can handle 2 speakers.
        Gods right foot!!

Comment

is this what you're looking for?

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...dbb1be350d35f9
          My Site: http://www.reinerweb.us
          My Car : http://members.cardomain.com/reiner15

Car Computer Alias - TekPC
          Current Progress - - Brainstorming

Comment

No, thats not it

What I need is an adapter whit on one side a ISO and on the other side 8 (4 speakers) RCA connectors.

And of course somthing to make sure that the receiver can use the signal comming out of the soundcard.
            Somebody told me that the signal comming out of the soundcard was to low for the receiver.

Can anybody tell me if that's true :?
            Gods right foot!!

Comment

hmmm.... this? this is a tough item that you're tryin to find!

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/sounlocbosli.html

takes the 8 wires and converts it into RCA, just two channel though. Don't know if thats ok for you.

Comment

As MatrixPC stated you can't do what you want to do the way you want to do it. Your radio does not have any inputs. None. Zip. Zero. There is no way to put the audio directly in. Your radio is not equiped to do that.

What you can do is get an FM RF modulator. The modulator would connect to your antenna input on the radio, the antenna, and the audio output of your motherboard. Then you can listen to your PCs audio through the radio on whichever station the modulator is set to.

The only other 2 ways to accomplish what you want would be to 1) Get a new radio. Or 2) Tear your radio completely apart, find the audio input to the final, cut the traces on the PCB, and wire in your own custom built input circuitry.
                car mp3 player 80% done.
                - Zida T530B-S Baby AT mobo
                - AMD K6-2 500MHz
                - 4X20 HD44780 LCD w/ LED backlight
                - Vector VEC034 inverter 225W cont / 450W peak
                - Win 98 booting directly to DOS
                - MPXPLAY

http://kilroysprojects.farvista.net/MP3.html

Comment

my bad, i misunderstood the whole post lol

Comment

you need to go from your sound card to an amp, then wire your speakers to the amp, you might also want to use a pre-amp as well.
                    Causa latet vis est notissima

VIA SP13000
                    1GB DDR400
                    Slimline Slot-load DVD-RW
                    60GB 2.5 Inch SATA 5400RPM
                    Dual Active PCI riser
                    PCI TV/FM card
                    Logisys FP800
                    Thermaltake VFD Media Lab
                    M1-ATX

Comment

Originally posted by turtlekilroy
                      As MatrixPC stated you can't do what you want to do the way you want to do it. Your radio does not have any inputs. None. Zip. Zero. There is no way to put the audio directly in. Your radio is not equiped to do that.

What you can do is get an FM RF modulator. The modulator would connect to your antenna input on the radio, the antenna, and the audio output of your motherboard. Then you can listen to your PCs audio through the radio on whichever station the modulator is set to.

The only other 2 ways to accomplish what you want would be to 1) Get a new radio. Or 2) Tear your radio completely apart, find the audio input to the final, cut the traces on the PCB, and wire in your own custom built input circuitry.
                      I don't think you understood my problem.

As you can read , I don't gonna use a HEADUNIT (or radio or CD-player ) at all.

I just want the PC (soundcard) connect directly to the AMP, without any HUD.

I just see my mistake, I called receiver instead of AMP .
                      Gods right foot!!

Comment

I have done some car stereo work with Bose systems in the past, but not on Mercedes.

I think when you use the word 'receiver', most people assume that you are talking about your headunit, but if I understand correctly, you want to go from PC Soundcard to Bose amp inputs to speakers. Right?

You may be able to go directly from the sound card ouputs into RCA's (pictured above) and directly into that adapter by simply cutting the RCA's and spicing the wires together (inside wire is + and outer wire/shielding is -). This sounds ghetto, but will often work. There are also adapters out there that do the same thing, but look cleaner.

Most factory systems with outboard amps deliver low enough voltage from the HU that it will not be a problem. You will need a wiring diagram showing you which wire is FR+, FR-, FL+, FL-, etc on the input. You also may need to power some of the other wires with a switched 12v, depending on you factory system configuration.

I suggest that you test the voltage coming out of your factory headunit and see how it compares with the voltage coming out of your sound card.

I did something similar to this my BMW, but ended up replacing the entire system with aftermarket components.

Is this what you are getting at or am I striking out completely?

EDIT: BTW this is not ideal to do, but may work, depending on voltage. If you really want to go this route, a preamp is a great idea (as suggested by grimor2000). You should be able to find your vehicle wiring diagram online if you do not already have it.
                        -T

"Imagine a Funny Quote Here"

Comment

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERSVEN2

Check out the above link. If I read this correctly, 2 of these may also be a solution.
                          -T

"Imagine a Funny Quote Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Cleric
                            I have done some car stereo work with Bose systems in the past, but not on Mercedes.

I think when you use the word 'receiver', most people assume that you are talking about your headunit, but if I understand correctly, you want to go from PC Soundcard to Bose amp inputs to speakers. Right?

You may be able to go directly from the sound card ouputs into RCA's (pictured above) and directly into that adapter by simply cutting the RCA's and spicing the wires together (inside wire is + and outer wire/shielding is -). This sounds ghetto, but will often work. There are also adapters out there that do the same thing, but look cleaner.

Most factory systems with outboard amps deliver low enough voltage from the HU that it will not be a problem. You will need a wiring diagram showing you which wire is FR+, FR-, FL+, FL-, etc on the input. You also may need to power some of the other wires with a switched 12v, depending on you factory system configuration.

I suggest that you test the voltage coming out of your factory headunit and see how it compares with the voltage coming out of your sound card.

I did something similar to this my BMW, but ended up replacing the entire system with aftermarket components.

Is this what you are getting at or am I striking out completely?

EDIT: BTW this is not ideal to do, but may work, depending on voltage. If you really want to go this route, a preamp is a great idea (as suggested by grimor2000). You should be able to find your vehicle wiring diagram online if you do not already have it.
                            Well, this is exactlly what I want to do

I found out what the connections are on the AMP, I just paste the text from the site:

BTW, here are some pin-outs that I have amassed along the way:

MB Head-end Plug A (Power and controls):
                            -- -------- ---- - --------------------

PIN COLOR FUNCTION
                            1 Blue Speed dependent volume control (not implemented)
                            2 Brown Not used--goes to Ground
                            3 Grey Phone Mute--ground to activate
                            4 Red Constant 12V
                            5 Orange 12V Antenna Trigger (I think this is actually used as
                            the remote trigger for the Bose unit)
                            6 White Illumination
                            7 Pink Ignition
                            8 Brown Ground

MB Head-end Plug B (Speaker level outs):
                            -- -------- ---- - --------------------

PIN COLOR FUNCTION
                            1 Red Right Rear +
                            2 Grey Right Rear -
                            3 Tan Right Front +
                            4 White Right Front -
                            5 Blue Left Front +
                            6 Green Left Front -
                            7 Pink Left Rear +
                            8 Orange Left Rear -

MB Head-end Plug C (CD Changer controls): (didn't document)

Bose Unit Plug A
                            ---- ---- ---- -

PIN COLOR FUNCTION
                            1 Blue LF + Out
                            2 Green LF - Out
                            3 Grey RR - Out
                            4 Red RR + Out
                            5 Tan RF + Out
                            6 White RF - Out
                            7-11 Open
                            12 Orange LR - Out
                            13 Green LF - In
                            14 Orange LR - In
                            15 Grey RF + In
                            16 White RF - In
                            17 Red RR + In
                            18 Pink LR + In
                            19 Tan RF + In
                            20 Blue LF + In
                            21-24 Open

Bose Unit Plug B
                            ---- ---- ---- -

PIN COLOR FUNCTION
                            1 Grey Sub Out
                            2 White Sub Out
                            3 Pink LR + Out
                            4 Red 12V Constant
                            5 Blue Sub Out
                            6 Tan Sub Out
                            7 Orange Antenna Trigger (remote turn-on?)
                            8 Brown Ground

So what you say is to just make from RCA a ISO connector.
                            The problem is still that the AMP needs 12V.
                            But that can be solved.

The only thing that I still don't know is if the sound signal comming out of the Soundcard will be good enough for the AMP
                            Gods right foot!!

Comment

Reading your post correctly!! and then looking at what other people have posted, seninha found what you need!!
                              As he says - 3rd from the top!!

Originally posted by seninha
                              I also was thinking about an adapter, and I found one on a german site.

Its the 3rd from the top.

http://www.z-tronic.de/sound/zubehoe...so_adapter.asp

As you can see , this one can connect to the ISO on the BOSE receiver, the problem is that it only can handle 2 speakers.
                              Then as you say power can be sorted another way.
                              Best regards,

Darren Thrower
                              http://www.percyt.com/mp3player.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X