Need Help Asap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Asap

I have the SP13000 mobo it boots up fine until it gets to the windows logo screen, then it restarts. What could be causing this?

Please help

there could be a few problems
    it could be the memory or even the os
    do a memory test and reload the os
    once you have done that if still not fixed check your power supply
    http://www.customcarcomputers.co.uk

Comment

There could be a lot of causes:
      Insufficient power
      Bad RAM
      Failing HDD
      Corrupt data

Some more details about your system and the circumstances might help someone to do some actual troubleshooting. Simply saying that your motherboard freezes during Windows bootup doesn't give anyone anything to go on.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried two hard drives. So maybe it it the power supply. I will try it in hte car and see what happen. the psu was one that I took off of my son pc to test with.

It lets me get thourgh the bios, but when it tries to load windows it reboots. Maybe becuase it pulls more power?

Comment

sp 13000 mobo

512 400 ddr ram

40gig 2.5 hard with 2.5 to 3.5 adapter

thats all i have right now.

Comment

As a last ditch attempt you can try reinstalling or recovering windows - if its a software problem this should fix it.

Are you getting a BSOD before the reboot?
            '76 LR Series III 109 - Fully Sorted
            '95 Rover 620ti - Working on it

A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist

Comment

when booting try to boot to safe mode, press f5 right after the bios post and see if that works, if it will boot into safe mode then its a 3rd party software causing the problem. also what ver of windows you running?
              "There is No Spoon"
              Carputer:
              {lllllllll-} 90%

7" Lilliput/120g Hard Drive/1g VIA EPIA/512m RAM/Slim Slot DVD+R/
              PC Done, Installing
              01 Z28, SLP CAI, DiabloSport Programmer

Comment

Have you tried booting into safe mode?
                7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                ATVMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by 01pewterz
                  when booting try to boot to safe mode, press f5 right after the bios post and see if that works, if it will boot into safe mode then its a 3rd party software causing the problem. also what ver of windows you running?
                  Just beat me with the suggestion of safe mode. BTW, you press F8 to get the boot options menu.
                  7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                  ATVMS.com

Comment

lol, but f5 boots straight to safe mode and bypasses the menu
                    "There is No Spoon"
                    Carputer:
                    {lllllllll-} 90%

7" Lilliput/120g Hard Drive/1g VIA EPIA/512m RAM/Slim Slot DVD+R/
                    PC Done, Installing
                    01 Z28, SLP CAI, DiabloSport Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by 01pewterz
                      lol, but f5 boots straight to safe mode and bypasses the menu
                      I can't believe I didn't know that one! I love keyboard shortcuts and faster ways of accessing things but didn't know that. Thanks for straightening me out.
                      ATVMS.com

Comment

I'm not sure but the M1K uses DDR266, and you are using DDR400. could this cause any problems??

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
                        CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
                        Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by ramy_zohair
                          I'm not sure but the M1K uses DDR266, and you are using DDR400. could this cause any problems??
                          He has the SP13000 which accepts DDR400.
                          ATVMS.com

Comment

I am using Window XP Pro.

BTW, what is the BSOD.

It will go throught the boot setup and the windows screen will show for about 1 sec and then reboot.

The same think happens in safe mode.

Comment

User operation
                              ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                              Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                              All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                              Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X