How to get stable 12V for my Tview?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get stable 12V for my Tview?

INTRO: I have Tview wired directly to car battery terminal (it actually draws power from wire that goes to the trunk to power my sub amp). There is a factory fuse in the Tview + cable. I noticed that I usually get a lot of static (lines running accross the screen), probably caused by voltage variations. Now yesterday screen would go white after I'd start up the laptop or just turn different colors. After a while (after probably when car interior warmed up) it worked fine again.

Obviously to me (probably long ago to others), Tview does not have a voltage regulator built in, something like an egg for Lilly.

QUESTION: Given Tview draws only 10W max, how can I supply stable 12V?

P.S. I was contemplating following voltage regulating hardware.

Carnetix: http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=60

Snap-on: http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=40

I did search, but I think there needs to be better and cheaper solution.

I have two carnetix powering everything but my amp and sub. I think its well worth the money.
    My Jeep Liberty Install

Comment

how bout just find someone with a lilli egg they arent using?
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
        how bout just find someone with a lilli egg they arent using?
        That will involve opening up the screen and trying to match the wires, plus researchign if specs match. With my low lever of expertise I can easlily mess up...

Comment

does that snap-on PSU have an ATX plug on the back?
          Causa latet vis est notissima

VIA SP13000
          1GB DDR400
          Slimline Slot-load DVD-RW
          60GB 2.5 Inch SATA 5400RPM
          Dual Active PCI riser
          PCI TV/FM card
          Logisys FP800
          Thermaltake VFD Media Lab
          M1-ATX

Comment

No clue..

Comment

Not much help here.. going to ask in Power Supplies forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladzio
                That will involve opening up the screen and trying to match the wires, plus researchign if specs match. With my low lever of expertise I can easlily mess up...
                If you can't do this task, foget about hooking it up to the PSU 12V rail.

There is no need to open the box. Just find a matching power plug (one that plug into the screen), and you are done.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

nah you dont have to open the screen at all. just cut the end off the power wire ya got and throw the egg in the middle. make sure ya plug it in as the way the egg shows ya.

Comment

get a carnetix and use it to power any accessories like your screen... it is well worth the money in the long run...
                    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...07&pa=155707PS

That is what I have, hocked up to the ignition.
                      Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

I appreciate all the replies. I just need to be more patient, I know!

I am sure this info will be of great help to other newbs out there. I am hesitant to pourchase carnetix since it's a hefty price to pay when all I need is 10W of power. Thanks for the link to 15W converter, that looks just like what I would need and price is not that bad.

Going with egg is a good idea I must admit, but as I understand it will not give out clean 12V when engine is off, because battery charge will drop, am I correct? (it only regulates power as long as power supplied is above 12V)?

..and I must take back that I would not be able to do some soldering or wiring, certainly I can do it and did in the past.

Comment

you might need 10W now.. but in the long run you might end up using quite a bit more as you add stuff...

I am running my screen, XM, audigy and my DVD drive off the carnetix... I will also soon add a wireless router to be powered from it...
                          Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Going with egg is a good idea I must admit, but as I understand it will not give out clean 12V when engine is off, because battery charge will drop, am I correct? (it only regulates power as long as power supplied is above 12V)?

When the car is off the battery is still at around 12.8 volts. Unless you are running you car for a long time, with accessories, after you turn it off, you should be fine.

Comment

i run the egg, leave my lilli on for days at a time and it has NO problem

Comment

Working...
                              X