Help with Audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Audio

I have a 2001 GTS eclipse with infinity system. I decided to add a pc to my car that will be able to play both music and video and still keeping the head unit for radio and CDs. I need a way to connect the output from my sound card to the amp. I need some sort of audio spilleter with a switch to be able to switch from pc to HU. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea to where to get such spillter? Or is there another a better way of doing this?
    cost is a factor too since I spent about $400 for the monitor. so I am running low on $$.
    I would appreciate any input and thankns in advance.

Well. What alot of people do for the audio is get a 1/8 to RCA and get a head unit with auxiliary inputs. If you need a head unit with these inputs, best buy has a couple sony models for $100. They install it for free, too.

Here is a link to the cable:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPUTER-TO-HOME...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I have one of those sony players.They work great .Silveralt do u have any pic's of your system?

Comment

Originally posted by fidjouss
        I have a 2001 GTS eclipse with infinity system. I decided to add a pc to my car that will be able to play both music and video and still keeping the head unit for radio and CDs. I need a way to connect the output from my sound card to the amp. I need some sort of audio spilleter with a switch to be able to switch from pc to HU. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea to where to get such spillter? Or is there another a better way of doing this?
        cost is a factor too since I spent about $400 for the monitor. so I am running low on $$.
        my sugestion would be to replace the headunit only. Get one with line in. (preferably rear line/aux in for a clean looking set up)
        In that input is where you will feed the output of your car PC. As for the CD player... im giving mine up. I dont even use it. I feel the MP3's and wifi synchonixing will be far more efficient than carring a CD case. But thats just my opinion.

There is a wire you will need. Its called "Mitah adaptor".
        I have attached two pics of this wire for you.

A description of what the wire does:
        MITAH For 1990-2003 Mitsubishi built cars with Infinity systems. Direct plug in adapter to replace factory headunit or amp. Use #1: Replace the OEM radio with a higher quality aftermarket radio. Installation harness BHA7001 also required for 1995-2003 vehicles.B> Installation harness BHA1743 also required for 1990-1994 vehicles. Use #2: Retain the factory radio and replace factory amplifiers and speakers with aftermarket products. NOTE: Requires low voltage trigger (see LVT) when replacing amp. 6 pin DIN to 4 RCAs & Turn-on lead.
        Product Code: MITAH
        It should cost anywhere from $10-$20 USD.
        Good luck. Hope this helps.
        Attached Files
        ~0okami.Digital

Comment

Originally posted by fidjouss
          If you have an external amp, one option is to run the line-out from the head unit to the line-in on your PC, and then run the line out from the PC to your amp. If you are using the speaker-level outputs to drive your external amp, you'll need a speaker-level to line-level convertor, but these aren't too expensive. Then you just do the switching by adjusting the levels in the Windows mixer.

-g.

Comment

Thanks for all your response.
            I did go with the mitah adaptor and everything is working fine
            thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X