Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right start

Hi, folks!

I will be planning to build my little computer for my car.
    The MoBo that I'll be selecting is the VIA EPIA SP13000.

Here's the problem: after going through this webpage, the processor model is not mentioned (probably because its a newer one). That processor is the 1.3 GHz VIA C3™/ VIA Eden™ EBGA Processor.
    So i have to do some guesswork:
    I assume that the Typical Power Dissipation is 22w when rounded off.
    According to my calculation, 12v x2A = 24w...so it seems that the Mini-Box M2ATX would be my selection.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG IN MY CALCULATION OR MY POWER SUPPLY SELECTION

thank you for reading this thread

Do not forget other devices that also draw on the 12v line. The HDD and the touchscreeh/LCD (if any) immediately come to mind.

The power supply must meet the requirement for all the voltage lines. If you have enough juice on the 12v but insufficient on the 5v, the solution will still not work.

The power calculators are ball-park estimates. Use a generous margin of error.

Comment

the m1 or m2atx psu's are great for the epia boards, i'm currently running a m10000 with the m1 and haven't had a problem in aboout a year now. the m2atx is great for what you have.
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Leo71:
        There are othyer power calculators that give you great information about the VIA EPIA line of motherboards. Search the forums for them and you'll be able to get a better idea of the power draw of your system.

An M1ATX will work well with your setup. I'd consider the M2ATX if you're planning on adding additional devices or choose to upgrade the setup to something more powerful at some point in the future.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Given the very small difference in cost between the M1-ATX and M2-ATX, I don't see any reason why anyone would select the M1 over the M2 these days....

-g.

Comment

Originally posted by gnomad
            Given the very small difference in cost between the M1-ATX and M2-ATX, I don't see any reason why anyone would select the M1 over the M2 these days....

-g.
            M2-ATX currently has issues with some boards.

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
            CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
            Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Working...
            X