COmputer in a 1981 DeLorean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COmputer in a 1981 DeLorean

hello, first off i just want to say i'm new to this foum. i'm working on puting a computer in my car but i want it to do everything. i have had my car for about 2 1/2 years as a daily driver. i am my own mechanic. i drive it as it was a daily driver. i drive it the atlanta weather as well as the CT weather snow, ice, etc. i love my car to the point that i have the vin number tattooed acrossed my chest. if somthing breaks on it, i fix or replace or upgrade. my plan is to keep the car until the day i die. i'm 24 now. i drive it into the ground, swap engines and then keep going.
    so now you have an understanding about who i am. as far as me and the car. so i'm looking on going all out on this. i don't care about how much everything is. i just want it all.
    i have a friend who owns a delorean and we build the computer from scratch and made his own program to where everything is voice activated . "engine start", "door open", "where am i" call so and so. etc i don't know what i'm looking for as far as products. i was hoping somone can help me out in that department in here

what car do u have?

you build you own computer from scratch? that must have taken a while
    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Originally posted by djmickyg
      what car do u have?
      Thread title says it all.

Originally posted by DeLorean6934
      i don't know what i'm looking for as far as products. i was hoping somone can help me out in that department in here
      FAQ Emporium is a good place to start
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
        Thread title says it all.
        but he says his friend has the delorian
        View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

seems likes hes a little drunk maybe.....and maybe his friend also has a delorean????.......lucky bunch
          PC Components:
          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
          My work log

Comment

yes i own a DeLorean. i also have a friend who owns a DeLorean. sorry for the confusion

Comment

and i ment "he" instead of "we". i was typing to fast

Comment

Wait, so your friend has a carputer in his Delorean thats voice activated? So why dont you just have him help you.... Im confused

Comment

well because another friend of mine showed me this website saying you can buy a pc made for your car. so here i am. i'm seeing what my options are here

Comment

http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean6934
                      i'm seeing what my options are here
                      There are plenty of options, It just depends on your budget. The most popular way seems to be an epia board with an opus or an M1ATX psu. (some people will disagree with that last statement). Anything is possible. It is all based on $$$
                      The FAQ emporium is the place to get answers
                      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

I know where to score some flux capacitors, PM me if your interested in time travel.

All joking aside, I am also confused... If your bud built a pc from scratch, designed the software that had the ability to start the car, open the doors(!) and respond with your location all through voice activation then why even bother asking anyone else? He's obviously the man with the answers and can teach you in person!
                        1997 Saturn SL2 Car PC Status [..........] 0% Complete (Removed)
                        1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

Comment

Originally posted by noreason
                          I know where to score some flux capacitors, PM me if your interested in time travel.
                          Have you only done it once before?

Comment

Originally posted by Tostitos
                            Have you only done it once before?
                            i'd hope not! then he could run into his future or past's self. therefor creating a paradox!

great scott's!

Comment

Originally posted by Escalade182
                              i'd hope not! then he could run into his future or past's self. therefor creating a paradox!

great scott's!
                              hahah this all seems so familiar...
                              1997 Saturn SL2 Car PC Status [..........] 0% Complete (Removed)
                              1999 Honda Accord Car PC Status [::::::::..] 80% Complete (Setting up software before final install)

Comment

Working...
                              X