Windows can be anoying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows can be anoying

I just put together my first car pc this week. time involved so far is well over 20 hours and though it is up and running great there is still more work I want to do.

after a day of using the car pc i started to regret my decision to use windows xp as the os, al those popup bubble tips were so frustrating it was ruining the experience so i did some searching and came across this wonderful tip http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/WBTA20000902.htm
    after that simple tweak I'm enjoying the experience much more.

good to see people are figuring out their problems and enjoying their new carputers. :-) i just wish i had the money for one but it'll all be in due time. i can't wait. cheers to your new carputer.

Comment

Wow! Thank you for this, I really needed to get rid of the damn "You are not connected" Internet bubble for wireless.
      2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
      2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
      Sound Stage
      Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

see the link in the first post...
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by strohj
          see the link in the first post...
          he's saying thanks for the link in the first post cuz it helped him get rid of the bubble not because he was trying to find a link currently. he already found it.

Comment

oh... damn i need some caffeine...
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Dam, I haven't seen this for a freaking LONGGGGGGGGG time.
              First time poster with a tips.
              Great. Thank you and welcome to the forum

BTW, we already cover about balloon pop up a while ago.
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Thanks for the tip, been suffering with the bubble for a long time but never taken the time to figure it out myself.
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I was lurking on the forum for about a month geting ideas before ordering my parts so im gald I can return the favor in some way to all the people who helped me without even knowing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X