Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which front end allows continued mp3 play while using other apps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which front end allows continued mp3 play while using other apps?

Before I download any more front ends to play with, which ones can I listen to mp3's....switch to gps, e.g., and continue to listen to music while 'navigating'??
    Thanks.
    Joel

Fujitsu Stylistic LT C-500 (MHz), 15G HD, Win 2000

all
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by waytoomanyvws
        Before I download any more front ends to play with, which ones can I listen to mp3's....switch to gps, e.g., and continue to listen to music while 'navigating'??
        Thanks.
        Joel

Fujitsu Stylistic LT C-500 (MHz), 15G HD, Win 2000
        OOOOOOOOoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww, and I thought I had a low budget carputer.

I don't know how familiar you are with that tablet, but let me give you some advice about using a Fujitsu tablet far a carpc. If you're an old hand with it please ignore the following and pardon my threadjacking.

Believe me, you're gonna need to really optimize the hell outta your operating system; add as much memory as your system will allow; get a 7200 rpm harddrive; and make routine weekly backups (It's gonna crash, just a matter of time.) I used to just make restore points, but they're unreliable when it comes to loading/unloading drivers. As a last resort, updating the video driver to the latest available can improve graphics considerably at the cost of rotation, resolution, and sometimes pen drivers. I've tried it a couple times and the screen refreshes much faster, but since my system does double duty, I gotta have pen and rotation for school notetaking.

Also, make a ghost of your partition, if you can, before you start loading programs and drivers and such. Fujitsu's are notoriously painful when it comes to formatting a hard drive and reloading the operating system. Then there's the matter of loading the Fujitsu drivers. A ghost of the partition with just the basic operating system and full compliment of Fujitsu drivers is worth paying for. I have a mom & pop computer store a friend works at that I take my harddrive into every 4 months or so to ghost and I do my own monthly. Fujitsu charges $100 plus shipping both ways to reload the operating system.

Many of the front-ends here (back on topic) will do what you want, but at some point you're probably going to have to upgrade your operating system to XP (not the easiest task for some older tablets.) To guage what it'll take you might want to join the www.tabletpcbuzz.com forum. They have some amazing expertise on tablets over there. On mine, I had to use the Win2K drivers (since no XP drivers were ever developed for it) and perform some other tweaks to get everything working in XP.

Good luck in your quest. I think you'll find all you need to know is already on the forum somewhere, just , , and then some more.

HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
        X