Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD compatability question...

OK,

I purchased a couple of 5.6" LCD screens a couple years back...new...sitting in my closet. I eventaully want to build a car computer, but so far my experience with my screens has been poor. The screens have a single RCA video input, and of course computers have VGA output. I have owned video cards with TV out in the past but the quality has not been the best. While I could design my car computer around a motherboard that has a RCA video out, I worry about the end quality based on my experiences. Is there a really good convertor that converts VGA to RCA, or any custom display settings I can create in Windows maybe? My previous TV out video cards did seem to give better picture on lower resolutions.

I know the short answer is to sell these screens and buy vga screens, but that might create installation issues in the sunvisors. The screens I have, I would really like to use. Is there anyway around this?

I want to be able to use windows on my car puter although it's main purpose would be to play movie files and run a custom program for MP3 playback that has a large interface as it is, so that should also help the quality.

Please don't tell me to buy new screens, is there a way around this that will net me good display quality with a computer and an RCA input screen.

Thanx,
    Krunch

You've answered your own questions.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

*shrug*

Comment

Is there any kind of board that can convert VGA and connect to my screens and make it look good?

What about, can I play with custom screen resolutions in my computer, say make a display of, I dunno, something low, like 234 X 320 or something. Would this help any?

Any suggestions at all?

Krunch

Comment

Originally posted by krunchss
          Is there any kind of board that can convert VGA and connect to my screens and make it look good?
          No, there's not. Your best image is going to come from TV out directly on a video card, but that's still not all that great.

[quote]What about, can I play with custom screen resolutions in my computer, say make a display of, I dunno, something low, like 234 X 320 or something. Would this help any?]/QUOTE]
          That would going to make it look worse, and probably isn't even achievable. Your best bet is to go to a low res like 640x480 and adjusting screen settings to get the best possible image. You could also play with refresh rate and any other video properties. Powerstrip is a tool people use to tweak their video. It has advanced timing settings that may help you improve your image quality. Again, I don't know how much.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
          X