Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been asked before...This place is awesome!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been asked before...This place is awesome!!

In the spirit of "it's been asked before", today I found not one but three different ways to auto power on my Lilliput LCD. First was with my remote, but I burned my sensor so no go. Second was with some soldering to the board, but I didn't want to do it after what I did to my sensor. So, I searched again and came up with a somewhat ghetto "tape the power button shut" mod that worked great. Now my Lilli powers through the ignition switch.

My point is that 99.99% of anything you could ever think to ask has been asked and answered on this board before. This is an unbelievable resource and a great community!

That's all for now...I need to go watch The Notebook and have a cry
    For sale:
    AOpen Pandora MiniPC

yet things still improve

And despite all of this wealth of info, new products seem to be coming out daily yet noone goes back and updates the old threads.

What if yesterday, someone released a product that you could click together with your lilliput like a lego to hold the powerbutton on and it cost $1.99? Would your search have revealed that new product?

What if a new member signed on yesterday that has a better idea than the handful of people that participated in the original threads? Would your search reveal the idea that is still in their head?

While searching is a valuable thing to do, it is naive to assume that all possible answers have been exhausted on *any* subject that has already been discussed here. I can't believe how much has changed in the 4 years that I've been doing this.

--Craig

Comment

Originally posted by millec
      And despite all of this wealth of info, new products seem to be coming out daily yet noone goes back and updates the old threads.

What if yesterday, someone released a product that you could click together with your lilliput like a lego to hold the powerbutton on and it cost $1.99? Would your search have revealed that new product?

What if a new member signed on yesterday that has a better idea than the handful of people that participated in the original threads? Would your search reveal the idea that is still in their head?

While searching is a valuable thing to do, it is naive to assume that all possible answers have been exhausted on *any* subject that has already been discussed here. I can't believe how much has changed in the 4 years that I've been doing this.

--Craig

True but I don't think he was telling people to use the search button so much as saying what an awsome resource it is. When you have a problem you can likely find the answer w/o having to wait for a reply.
      My Work Thread:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72552
      Source switcher for Lill
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post841007

Comment

new users dont ask so advanced questions. I find everything whatever i need to know.
        ibus error
        GTA skin

Comment

EricE...you're right that was my point. This place is an incredible source of information. All it usually takes is a search to find your answer.

Millec...I think I see your point that it's not always as organized as would be ideal. Unfortunately due to the collaborative nature of bulletin boards, you kind of need to keep up with everything all the time to get the best information/results. It would be nice if everything was really organized and new stuff updated to old, but it would probably slow down the amazing progress people make on here. This kind of feels like Linux vs Windows
          For sale:
          AOpen Pandora MiniPC

Comment

Originally posted by Quack
            In the spirit of "it's been asked before", today I found not one but three different ways to auto power on my Lilliput LCD. First was with my remote, but I burned my sensor so no go. Second was with some soldering to the board, but I didn't want to do it after what I did to my sensor. So, I searched again and came up with a somewhat ghetto "tape the power button shut" mod that worked great. Now my Lilli powers through the ignition switch.

My point is that 99.99% of anything you could ever think to ask has been asked and answered on this board before. This is an unbelievable resource and a great community!

That's all for now...I need to go watch The Notebook and have a cry
            If you search a little harder, you will find another way to auto power on the Lilliupt. That is by programming with code available. In your case, it won't work cuz you have to use the remote to enter the code. This method only work with newer generation of Lilliput.
            Anyway, you are right, basically most/all question regarding to the project as been ask and answer. It's the mater of how good your "search" skill is.

scrap that, ... the first method you mention is the one I am talking about. ...
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
            X