XM to PC delimma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM to PC delimma

I just had my 4-channel amp for my mids and highs so I will be changing to 6 channel sound on my Epia M10000 Nehemiah Mobo. Since I also just had XM installed and since I plan on going headless, how can I use both the XM and the 6 channel sound on the Mobo? Sorry is this is a noobish question but I did try searching if that helps any

Thanks,

Originally posted by 04scooby
    I just had my 4-channel amp for my mids and highs so I will be changing to 5 channel sound on my Epia M10000 Nehemiah Mobo. Since I also just had XM installed and since I plan on going headless, how can I use both the XM and the 5 channel sound on the Mobo? Sorry is this is a noobish question but I did try searching if that helps any

Thanks,

I know that RR and FP, and I assume most FEs that have XM support, allow the sound into the Line In, and then send it to the soundcard. Does that not solve your problem?

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

no becuase all three audio lines(line in, line out, and mic) are going to be in use when I convert the sound out put to 6 channel. That is why I am confused. I need a way to get the XM signal to the computer then out the PC to the mids/highs and sub.

Comment

Originally posted by 04scooby
        no becuase all three audio lines(line in, line out, and mic) are going to be in use when I convert the sound out put to 6 channel. That is why I am confused. I need a way to get the XM signal to the computer then out the PC to the mids/highs and sub.

O.K.

Second Sound card, Optical???

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Most of those motherboards also support "Front Panel" audio for headphones (line out) and a microphone (line in). You should be able to connect the XM to the mic port but you'll probably have to get your hands on a cheap case with the little circuit board to make it work. NewEgg has one for $15 + $13 S/H = 28. Let us know if that works out...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811212027
          JoshB [BadPakt]
          TruckPC [||||||||||] 90% (Tweaking Software)
          FrodoPlayer / Lilliput / Opus 150 / AMD Sempron / PowerMate
          Roady2 ((XM)) / Sony W600 / Bluetooth / Ford Ranger EDGE

Comment

...Or if your comfortable making cables (translation >> soldering) you could take a stereo mini-headphone jack from Radio Shack and stick it on one end of a CD-ROM audio cable and run to that input on the motherboard...

...Just thought of that...
            JoshB [BadPakt]
            TruckPC [||||||||||] 90% (Tweaking Software)
            FrodoPlayer / Lilliput / Opus 150 / AMD Sempron / PowerMate
            Roady2 ((XM)) / Sony W600 / Bluetooth / Ford Ranger EDGE

Comment

ok cool, I already have the Opus carputer case so I will just ahve to figure out how to get a connection for the front panel mic line out the back of the case.

Comment

Working...
              X