N3wb P0st..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N3wb P0st..

Sup fellas (and ladies) if there are any on here...

Got referred to here from a friend... there is lots of good info on here.. I have a few questions that I have been unable to find answers to... so if I somehow missed them, I am sorry, but I have searched for a while now..

Here are some pics of what I am going to try and use some of... and if you think that I shouldn't use some of it.. let me know... or if I should.. let me know.. I am not trying to cut corners on this.. but I don't want a million dollar system either..

So here are my thoughts... is it worth while to use the head unit I have (Alpine CVA-1003) or should I just go ahead and get a Lilliput touch screen?

Secondly, can the ps2 be used in conjuction with the CPU?

Thirdly, can the Alpine Changer (AI-net) be used?

I am pretty sure I read that my Alpine amp can be used.. but maybe I am wrong in that...

Lastly, is there a CPU that functions better with OBD II and Diagnostics.. or do they all about function the same...
    Pm me for any Lexan, plexi, or glass needs.

if you use the current screen the qualioty will be really bad because its not VGA.
    Also if your computer doesnt have Video out you wont even beable to use it. and if it does just hook it up to a tv or somehting and you will see what kind of quality you will get.

As for the Ps2, if you got a Video in or a TV tuner card you can use the PS2 with the PC... but I think that most fo the touch screens come with a RCA video input as well.. so there really isnt a point.

And CPU isnt really OBDII specific.... its often just the software you use.... and some times the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeshow
      Sup fellas (and ladies) if there are any on here...
      There are a couple ladies, one that has award-winning systems.

So here are my thoughts... is it worth while to use the head unit I have (Alpine CVA-1003) or should I just go ahead and get a Lilliput touch screen?
      If you want optimal clarity from your PC's video, get a VGA touchscreen. The video can be output to your headunit, but the touchscreen would still control only the headunit.

Secondly, can the ps2 be used in conjuction with the CPU?
      Yes.

Thirdly, can the Alpine Changer (AI-net) be used?
      Sure, if you keep the headunit.

I am pretty sure I read that my Alpine amp can be used.. but maybe I am wrong in that...
      You're 100% correct.

Lastly, is there a CPU that functions better with OBD II and Diagnostics.. or do they all about function the same...
      The above poster is correct. CPU doesn't really matter for OBD.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.. sorry if my newb questions were rundant and asked a million times over.. I am sort of new to the CPU car world.. I will try and catch up quickly..

Sounds like the Head unit and changer are going to go in the wifes car probably, and I will get a touch screen instead...

I figured it was a software thing on the OBD, but I know that some computers function better with certain things.. like Apple/Macintosh tend to be better for graphic designs and such... Just was curious...

Comment

Side note/question.. why the heck can I not use Hotmail or Yahoo for my email addy?

Comment

Working...
          X