Plastic case.. Bad??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic case.. Bad??

Hey guys! Me again with another question. In my car I actually have a draw right underneath the passengers seat, I right now have a desktop computer and was wondering if it would be bad to fabricate that and make it into a case will i need some type of metal underneath so the mobo is not directly on the plastic? or will the entire computer have to be in a metal housing? thanks guys

that drawer will be fine plactic is not a conductor so you wont short a board out there
    http://www.customcarcomputers.co.uk

Comment

Will work fine.

If you look @ computer cases, they make computer cases in steel, aluminum, acrylic, plastic, etc...

(for instance): www.colorcases.com
      Go through their inventory and look @ the materials used in cases.
      Jim
      2012 Honda Pilot (In Progress)
      2010 Honda Accord (After the Pilot)
      2008 Honda VTX1800N

Comment

now lets say i lay the mother board flat in the draw and set it so the screws are going thru the semi out on the bottom side would that be bad? could it some what hit somethin that may short it? or are there sum sort of caps i could put to make sure nuthin will touch the screws? I mean i know the screws are live but just in case u never know

Comment

Uhm.. Put some sort of caulk on the bottom to protect the screws?

Make sure the plastic doesn't build up static electricity
          Jim
          2012 Honda Pilot (In Progress)
          2010 Honda Accord (After the Pilot)
          2008 Honda VTX1800N

Comment

Originally posted by douknowme12321
            now lets say i lay the mother board flat in the draw and set it so the screws are going thru the semi out on the bottom side would that be bad? could it some what hit somethin that may short it? or are there sum sort of caps i could put to make sure nuthin will touch the screws? I mean i know the screws are live but just in case u never know
            grind them off.
            1990 Jeep Cherokee
            2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
            2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Built my case out of plexiglass.
              The bottom piece is 1/4 inch and thick enough for mobo stand-off to screw into. You can get away with 3/8" thick.
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
              X