Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fresh xp home sp2 install- no onboard usb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh xp home sp2 install- no onboard usb?

hey- just installed xp home sp2 on a pcchips M741LMRT mobo. All the onboard stuff works fine- vid, lan, sound mouse keyboard, but no usb! I need these two ports to work! There is no usb header in the device manager, try to add new hardware, nothing there. Plugged in bluetooth card to usb port- does not light up. I already bought a pci usb 2.0 card (not yet here)but I still need these ports as well- any thoughts?
    current system: car2pc adapter playing aux in for a sansa fuze media player. simple. cheap. effective.

could be a bad board... i dont know though. Reinstallation of os and drivers is all i could think of to try...
    nGhost - The FREE Frontend for Linux | Graphics Developer
    Linux ICE - The Car PC Distro | Team Member

Comment

pc chips are crap. i've got a m851g and the onboard audio doesn't work
      plus it won't let me use my wifi cards either
      My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBeast
        pc chips are crap.
        hehe- I've established that. I'm going to use it though- no turning back now.
        current system: car2pc adapter playing aux in for a sansa fuze media player. simple. cheap. effective.

Comment

got it- usb was disabled in bios under "features" tab! thank god.

Comment

LMFAO, what a feature! Die usb, die!

Comment

yeah- I could not believe that was a "feature" either- my friend suggested perhaps in a public workstation role the sys admin would not want acess to usb... this board sucks goats but it was the best price of all: free.

Comment

cant argue with ya there, a free MB that "works" with an ultra low powered VIA C3 is a really good match for a car pc. Sucks that they have such spotty quality, though.

Comment

Working...
                X