No announcement yet.

Need help with screens.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with screens.

Hi. First I would like to thank all you guys here at mp3car for all your help. By reading all your posts I was able to install a fully functional pc in my truck. Anyway, I have search for what I am about to ask but didn't really find what i was looking for, so I hope you guys can help.
    I have a touchscreen already installed and it works great. But I also have a flip down tv between the visors in my s-10 that uses rca input, which I had before I started my PC. Without checking into it thoroughly I bought a vga splitter and a vga to rca cable expecting to be able to use both monitors. Well after checking into it I realized that my pc has to have tv-out before I can use the vga to rca cable. I would buy a card with tv-out but my computer has no room for expansion. So my question is, is there any way I can use my other monitor without a tv-out card. Maybe a program that will allow me to use the vga to rca cable. (I figured the vga to rca cable was to be used if you didn't have tv-out on your computer. And If I did what would be the purpose of buying a vga to rca cable LOL) Anyway any help you guys can give will be really appreciated.
    There wouldn't really be any use for forums if there were no noobs.

A scan converter will convert the VGA signal to RCA for your flip-down TV.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

thanks, thats exactly what i needed. Now i just need more room lol.
      There wouldn't really be any use for forums if there were no noobs.