Been watching the Car-PC scene for a long time, and decided to clear my office of all the embedded PC junk I got lying around. Had a few ideas, and putting together a project and so far had the backing of three companies how gave me even more free junk.
- Direct replacement for existing radio - ISO Double DIN 4"x7" dashboard mount.
- Run from 12V auto electrical system, including engine cranking conditions
- Must start quickly
- Touchscreen interface
- Support Line-In for IPOD or other auxiliary device
- Support 4 Channel Audio Line-Outputs
- Support Subwoffer, LFE channel and stereo downmix
- Must have at least 4x25W amplifier built in
- Must connect to existing ISO car connector
- Support security if disconnected from supply.
- Support front and Rear video cameras
- Play Video
- Play Audio
- Support FM Radio or DAB in stereo
- Support Traffic announcements, and RDS
- Support for Bluetooth
- Integrated Global Positioning
- Have USB 2.0 Expansion
- Quietly Cooled
- Sunlight Readable Display
The good thing is that I'm a hardware and software engineer and have a big machine shop and a bunch of cad a clever bods that I can rely on, so, no time like the present!
see more at http://www.jcross.co.uk
Hope you are all getting things working, its so nice to make your car look like Darth Vaders bathroom.
Its syndicated, so I'll see if I can tie in some form of automatic updating for you all, I will post in here too.
Right now, I'm doing PCB design for the output stage, which includes the AMP and a TDA7318 Audio processor. Its looking exiting for me... Bordering on obssesive!