Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How powerful of an AMP to get?

Hey all...
    I want to stick to my stock speakers.. (they're pretty good! )
    And my stock audio system was probably a 50Wx4 speakers...
    So, I'm not too knowledgable in the field of amp's,power unit conversion etc..

How powerful of an amp would I require?

thanks for answers..

For stock speakers, a good 300 watt amp will be well enough power for them.

Comment

Originally posted by pancakeboy
      For stock speakers, a good 300 watt amp will be well enough power for them.
      Yikes, highly overpriced and overdone. No way will he need a 300 watt amp for stock speakers.

I run 100 watts RMS to my stock speakers. I am careful on distortion and never use my bass or loud function. I recommend a quality amplifier with 50 to 100 watts per channel per speaker. It is always better to overpower than underpower, but dont waste money on too much power
      Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Yes will you are correct, he doesn't need that much power. I meant 100-200 watts rms and 300 watts max power. And i can come across amps pretty cheap, which is also why I said 300 watt amp. I would at least get a good amp so that if he wanted to change out his stock speakers, the power would be there already....

Comment

An ED Nine.4 would be good..... 65 watts X 4....i just saw someone selling one on a different forum for $150. (caraudio.com/forum i believe)
          PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
          - Alpine W200/H701
          - ED Nine.2X
          - OZ Matrix Elites
          - ED Nine.1
          - Idmax 12's

Comment

ok..so between 150W and 300W will be my aim.. thanks guys..

what brand names would you suggest? The last thing i knew about amps (like 3 or 4 years ago! lol) was this mosfet thing (goggling it now..hehe) was top notch.

What am i supposed to look for in an amp? anything particular?
            fav brands names..?...?...

Comment

JL Audio has a good 300/4 amp. (Just put one in my car on Friday)

Comment

Working...
              X