Shutdown Controller Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown Controller Help!!

Sorry to be so ignorant , but I just recieved my shutdown controller from the mp3car store and am in the process of connecting all the wires up. I read the directions online before I recieved the controller and twice since i have recieved it. I dont understand steps 8 and 9 which explains how to hook up the power buttons to the motherboard and the brown wires to the ATX connector. If someone could show me a picture of their shutdown controller hooked up to the motherboard and ATX connector that would be wonderful. Or just explain what I'm doing wrong. Also I searched but didnt find any good pics or explainations.

Anyone...?

Comment

bump for help....

Comment

Well its been a month and a half...searched and searched to no avail. MANY topics on this but i just cant figure it out. If anyone has a wiring diagram that shows how the shutdown controler is wired to invertor, battery, and most importantly the motherboard, that will be a huge help. My ATX power connector still has plastic on it and if I wire shutdown controller to that how will i power mobo?

Comment

Which SDC?
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Matrix, it is the Carpc EZ v2.5 simple startup/shutdown controller from mp3car.com store.

Comment

Steps 8 and 9 look they are referring to the same thing, namely connecting the shutdown controller to the power button headers on the mobo. Although badly phrased, it doesn't look like it should cause much trouble. Specifically what bit don't you understand?
              The power button header is usually not on the main power connector, it is usually on the front panel connector for the motherboard.
              Old Systems retired due to new car
              New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

With 2 pins extention (I assume it come with one).
                Step 8: one end of the extension connect to the 2 pin on the SDC.
                Step 9: the other end connect to the mobo PWR button header. Normally you connect that header to the case power button. Now the SDC acting as the power button.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                X