Power Supply for laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply for laptop

Im going with a ibm thinkpad with a docking station to run my carputer. I looked up power supplies/starup controllers but theyre for pc's or are they compatatble with laptop. basically how would i be able to have the laptop start up and shut down when i start/turn off car w/o loss of info

If you read the n00b FAQ's you'll see why nobody is answering this for you.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51489
    ~Jimmy

Comment

ok.... took me a hour to read the faqs. I decided to go with the inverter for the laptop. Im wondering if the crank would be a issue if the battery is in the laptop. Basically the inverter would be used to recharge the battery(or i can charge it in the house) if it goes dead. Or i can use the inverter for other things if it arises.

Comment

That's a good thing to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
          That's a good thing to wonder.

The laptops normally will automatically switch to battery when A/C power it cut off so cranking should not be an issue...
          Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

yep... thanks alot, ill juss figure out how to make a power on button so i dont have to go under the seat to turn the laptop on. FAQ is a good thing lol

Comment

It's only a good thing when it's utilized.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Ok now a more specific question. the laptop im picking up has a built-in 16-bit stereo PCI audio supports Sound Blaster audio applications. Would this make the music sound crappy or will i have to upgrade the soundcard? The video has Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) support with video acceleration and 2.5 MB of video RAM. Its a older laptop but for 200 buks with docking and port replicator why not?

Comment

Working...
                X