Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't I install windows XP ? please help ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I install windows XP ? please help ?

Alright, first of all here is my computer:

Asus A7N8X
    AMD Athlon Mobile 2200
    60GB WD 2.5''
    Kingston 512MB

MY problem is at the time I install the windows XP, and everything was OK, like the Hard drive formatted, then the hard drive copy files from the CD so after they need to restart to continue installing, then when the windows load up, it just stop right there and forever, and I try to turn off and on and computer again, still the same problem.
    So I decided to take out a hard drive from my laptop (Hitachi 60GD) and tried to install it, and still got the same problem at windows XP Loading. By the way, I took that Western Digital 60GB to install to my laptop and everything work fine, I don't know what wrong with my computer.

So can you guys please check if my mobother support for that CPU, thanks

Asus A7N8X

CPU Socket A for AMD Athlon™ XP/Athlon™ / Duron™
    Thoroughbred/ Barton Core Support
    Chipset North Bridge: NVIDIA® nForce2 SPP(Ultra 400)
    South Bridge: NVIDIA® nForce2 MCP
    Front Side Bus 400* / 333 / 266 / 200 MHz
    ( * PCB 1.06 or earlier version need BIOS update )
    Memory Dual-Channel DDR 400
    3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets
    Max. 3 GB unbuffered PC3200/PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC DDR RAM Memory (Twinbank)
    Expansion Slots 1 x AGP Pro/8X (1.5V only)
    5 x PCI
    IDE 2 x UltraDMA 133/100/66/33
    Audio Realtek® ALC650 6CH w/built in HP amplifier

LAN 1 Ports
    MCP integrated NVIDIA® MAC + Realtek® 8201BL PHY

Special Features Power Loss Restart
    Q-Fan Technology
    STR (Suspend-to-RAM)
    C.O.P. (CPU Overheating Protection)
    CPU Throttle
    Back Panel I/O Ports 1 x Parallel
    1 x Serial
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard
    1 x PS/2 Mouse
    1 x Audio I/O
    4 x USB 2.0

Internal I/O Connectors 1 x USB 2.0 connector support additional 2 USB 2.0 ports
    CPU/Power/Chassis FAN connectors
    Game Connector
    20 pin ATX power connector
    IDE LED connector, power LED connector
    WOR, WOL, Chassis Intrusion, SM Bus, SIR
    Headphone (optional)
    Front MIC
    CD/AUX/Modem audio in
    Front Panel Audio connector (optional)
    BIOS 2Mb Flash ROM, Award BIOS, TCAV, PnP, DMI2.0, DMI, Green
    Industrial Standard PCI 2.2, USB 2.0
    Manageability DMI 2.0, WOR, WOL, Chassis Intrusion, SM Bus

I'd make sure nothing is plugged in (i.e usb devices....even mice and keyboards, use ps2 at first).
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

What are you doing for power? Is this in the car or in the house/office?
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

If this is the first time this system has been together, I'd run a burn in utility.
        -WarDriver-
        Server Administrator
        Outdoor Nut

My DC to AC Inverter Mod
        My Laptop Remote Switch

Comment

Originally posted by shinjetko
          So can you guys please check if my mobother support for that CPU, thanks
          I don't think you would even be able to run the windows installation utility if the cpu and mobo didn't match. Are you installing windows on the same system you're trying to run it? You can't do a windows install on one setup then take the hard drive from that setup and put it in another box and expect it to work.
          GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
          Now with pictures!

Comment

what is your drive boot sequence set up as in the bios?
            Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
              I'd make sure nothing is plugged in (i.e usb devices....even mice and keyboards, use ps2 at first).
              , I did plugged it the keyboard, cuz I need it for installation. thanks like pressing enter or something else,

by the way, here is the pix i got stuck at......

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                What are you doing for power? Is this in the car or in the house/office?
                I am using regular power supply, 350W

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar
                  what is your drive boot sequence set up as in the bios?
                  I set first boot is cd-room, cuz I need to run the cd-room to install windows XP (windows XP CD is in the cd-room)

Comment

Cd rom can be second because your hard drive is blank so it wont boot from it, It will go to second boot and get the boot file from the CD. It should be ok but it might be trying to boot from the CD again and getting errors due to the half installed windows. If you re-boot do you get a message saying the last install failed?
                    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar
                      Cd rom can be second because your hard drive is blank so it wont boot from it, It will go to second boot and get the boot file from the CD. It should be ok but it might be trying to boot from the CD again and getting errors due to the half installed windows. If you re-boot do you get a message saying the last install failed?
                      yes, I did try it, and it is just stuck right there (windows loading up). I am think about there is something wrong with the cpu, but at the time I turn on computer, everything was running fine.

Comment

Originally posted by shinjetko
                        yes, I did try it, and it is just stuck right there (windows loading up). I am think about there is something wrong with the cpu, but at the time I turn on computer, everything was running fine.
                        You might try testing the cpu by running one of the live linux installs. If you can boot something like knoppix and it works you can rule out cpu problems and focus on the install and hard drive issues.
                        GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
                        Now with pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by randomjohn
                          You might try testing the cpu by running one of the live linux installs. If you can boot something like knoppix

I agree. Try Knoppix or Mepis. Plus I know Mepis has a MemTest that will tell you if your ram is bad.

Mepis.org
                          Knoppix.org

If you don't know how to burn an ISO read up on it. Its not 100% the same as burning mp3's.
                          -WarDriver-
                          Server Administrator
                          Outdoor Nut

My DC to AC Inverter Mod
                          My Laptop Remote Switch

Comment

try clearing the NVram being going into the bios and hold down the "alt" kit and hit e than alt + c and try to format it again

Comment

Have you tried reinstalling again or just that once? If not I would give that a bash just to make sure that the install is 100%. After that you can start looking at hardware issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X