Setup questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup questions

I am finaly almost done my setup, all wiring is there, just need to place pc inside and i am done.

My question is for the m100000 epia with 512ram How can I make windows XP load faster? And where can i download tinyxp?

Which front end should i use? I need one with Full voice control.

And my fnal question is should i hook up the Screen and carputer power directly to battery?

I will upload pics later on, so far looks amazing!

oh yes, i dont have a shutdown controller, how would i modify the system to work without it?

Comment

you'd have to startup/shutdown manually I guess
      Current:
      [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
      [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

You'll find some of the answers you are looking for in these threads.
        -WarDriver-
        Server Administrator
        Outdoor Nut

My DC to AC Inverter Mod
        My Laptop Remote Switch

Comment

nlite is another program like tinyxp which cuts back on the processes that windows runs, might try using that too :P
          2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Originally posted by hoodlum
            And my fnal question is should i hook up the Screen and carputer power directly to battery?

No. Get fuses... else the song Danger! High Voltage by Electric Six will have to add

"Danger, Fire in Hoodlum's Car" into it as well.
            2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Working...
            X