Wiring Harness for CD, Stock Mach 460

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Harness for CD, Stock Mach 460

Can anyone help me with a source to purchase a wiring harness to install a factory CD player in a Mustang 95' GT that does not have one?

Thanks in advance

Jay Arnold
    Plainfield IN

what year mustang did u pull the cd player out of. let me know and ill see what i can find

Comment

Wiring Harness for Mustang GT Mach 460

The CD player came from a 95' Mach 460 system also but did not include the wiring harness.

Thanks

Jay Arnold
      Plainfield IN

Comment

A couple suggestions:
        1) Local stereo shop: If they don't have one in stock, I'm certain they can find one for you.
        2) Ford dealership: They'll have it, but it will be pricey.
        3) EBay: Maybe... Maybe not. It's worth a look if you can find a bargain.

Good luck.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

$13 from crutchfield
          http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qnILaTd...sp?i=120705002
          SUMMER CAR:
          '96 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 LT1 Convertible
          P3 Mobile 1.2GHz/512MB RAM/Dual HD/Lilliput/Soundblaster
          XP MCE/RR/IG

WINTER CAR:
          '02 Grand Am
          CarPC Coming Soon!

CHECK OUT MY RR SKIN:
          RoadFuse - CF Like Day & Night Skin Combo

Comment

So you want to put the FACTORY radio in a car where the FACTORY HARNESS was ripped out? You'll probably be best off going to a junkyard or getting it from ford.

If it is a Mach system, I doubt the link thunderdepot has is right. Usually the ford amplified systems have the flat gray connector, and then a small square connector for the connection to the amplifier (if the amp is even still there)

Comment

yeah that link thunderdepot posted is for wiring an aftermarket headunit's wiring harness to your factory wiring harness. u need the one that plugs in the back of the cd player. now your factory harness is not ripped off right.

wow wait a minute. the cd player is from a mustang with a mach 460. i dont think it'll work because the 460 system is amplified. u wont be able to do it.
              all the speakers in a 460 system are amplified, it would be alot easier going with an aftermarket headunit. n e ways those systems and the shaker, n bose n all them systems are garbage in my opinion.

Comment

Well, if he has the factory CD player, and it's for the Mach system, then it has the right connections on it. It sounds like someone just cut the wires on the car side. If so, all he needs is the factory connectors. BUT, if those wires are cut, chances are someone hacked the living hell out of the rest of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa
                  Well, if he has the factory CD player, and it's for the Mach system, then it has the right connections on it. It sounds like someone just cut the wires on the car side. If so, all he needs is the factory connectors. BUT, if those wires are cut, chances are someone hacked the living hell out of the rest of the car.

thats the thing though. his mustang did not come with a mach 460 system. so his car doesnt have the amplifiers nessasary for the system to work. if he wants to put a mach 460 headunit in a mustang that was not equipped with that system. it wont work. he has to also pull the speakers and amps from that system and put em in his car.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. As it turns our the Mustang did come with a Mach 460 sound system from the factory and the CD player is an add on that was an option from the factory. It is exactly like my other Mustang that came with the CD player. Sound like the dealer would be the easiest way to go?

Thanks again,

This is a great site!

Jay Arnold
                    Plainfield IN

Comment

Working...
                    X