Complete Diagram of Wiring cant find problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Diagram of Wiring cant find problem

I posted this in the audio section, but just thought someone here might be able to help me.

Alright, I've read the Faq about 5 times now and i still cant seem to figure it out. I was able to eliminate all components one by one and ive come down to the conclusion that the whine is caused by my sound card/computer.

I attempted a direct soundcard to amp to speaker/sub setup, but that didn't work out too well. Now I'm just using the inputs on my head unit, whenever I rev the engine the whine gets worse. I directly run 14awg wires from the battery's +12 and ground, and I'm using the ground on the harness. There is no whine when I play dvd's or mp3 from the head unit, but when i switch over to aux-in thats when the whine starts. I've checked to see if it was the audio in on the head unit that was causing the trouble using portable cd and mp3 players. My amp is turned off via fog light switch for test purposes.

Something interesting I found was when I tap the 1/8 plug onto any metal part of the faceplate it makes the same exact sound, but when I completely cut off power/ground from the comp, the buzzing goes away when I tap the faceplate.

Moving the mouse also increases the noise...

This is a good replica of the wiring diagram in my car at the moment, the layout is as pretty close to how it is in my Rsx.
    Attached Files

Try grounding the case of the PC to the case of the HU. Or try using a ground-loop isolator.

Comment

unhook the ground from your computer to your battery, use the same point as where your amp is grounded(usualy chassis) ground loops are caused by resistances in the ground, causing the ground to be unequal at a givin point.

(ground loop isolators are for weenies, and also degrade the overall quality of the sound, you can eventually find and elimiate the ground loop. It took me a long time to find my ground loop problem, it turned out to be SEVERAL different smaller related issues, not just one quick and simple fix)
      95 Mazda Protege LX
      Worklog
      Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
      [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
      [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

Something interesting I found was when I tap the 1/8 plug onto any metal part of the faceplate it makes the same exact sound, but when I completely cut off power/ground from the comp, the buzzing goes away when I tap the faceplate.
        You're tapping the 1/8 plug, with the other end attached to your HU aux input, to your faceplate? Are you saying the sound gets louder when its connected, or it only makes a click as you tap it? What happens if you tap it to a ground point on your car? (find metallic stuff in range of the wire)

Comment

what about fuses?

and then after that, you are wiring your amp ignition wire to your tail lights?
          2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

I had the same problem I would get very min whine when I receive sound from either the Front or rear channel but when I use the Line-in or Aux it goes insane really high pitch very annoying.. I did try grounding the case and grounding right to the battery NO LUCK.. I still haven't figured out the problem I just said screw it... I even used noise loops, I can't tell you how many methods I have tried..

Just my 2 cents

Jysinn

Comment

try getting a new wire that goe from the 1/8th to into the aux inpute, it sounds like its grounded somewhere

Comment

Working...
              X