No announcement yet.

finding connectors for 10 gauge + wire

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding connectors for 10 gauge + wire

i have been to radio shack and radio and they dont have connectors for large gauge wire. does anyone know where i can get the spade connectors and the the plastic ones used for pc's for large gauge wire.

2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

Originally posted by Redian
      they are hard to find. check pepboys and such. i went to a pepboys for the first time today in my life. i just figured they were like autozone and such. WOW. it was a ricers paradise!!! but they had lots of connecters and such.

Like 3g_Jester, I recommend AutoZone. They tend to have all kinds of stuff in there. If you're you're looking for a chrome skull to replace your stick shift with, they'll probably have one.....

Progress [||-------]
        View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
        Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

look in your phone book for a maintenance supply place, every town has one. it's where your high scholl janitor goes for parts... grainger is a chain of them.
          current system: car2pc adapter playing aux in for a sansa fuze media player. simple. cheap. effective.

your town (provided it's of at least a decent size) will have an electronics parts store. The place where electricians go for their stuff.

go there and tell them what you need.
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Yup, auto parts stores or real electronics stores. Radio Shack definitely doesn't count as an 'electronics components store' anymore.