Stopping Windows media player launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping Windows media player launch

Windows media player automatically launches every time I start my computer. It is not in the startup folder either. How can I stop it from automatically launching?

get hijack this
    http://www.merijn.org/
    and it should show u where its launching from mkae a back up 1st tho before removing the entry
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

goto start/run and type msconfig a window will open, goto the startup tab and you will see media player untick it click apply and reboot the machine. When it comes back up you will get a warning telling you what you have done just untick the box click ok and thats it sorted.
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar
          goto start/run and type msconfig a window will open, goto the startup tab and you will see media player untick it click apply and reboot the machine. When it comes back up you will get a warning telling you what you have done just untick the box click ok and thats it sorted.

yep, unchecking all of the boxes will make your pc load up alot faster

Comment

lol

Comment

Will unchecking all of these boxes hurt my computer, or will it just make the boot times faster?

Comment

Black06stang.... They were kidding when they said uncheck all of those boxes. Some of that stuff is actually required for Windows to run correctly. I would just uncheck the box related to the WMP. If you uncheck all of them it is likely that your computer will not boot to windows at all...
                ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Working...
                X