would a 500mhz cpu board work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would a 500mhz cpu board work?

i can get a cheap mini itx 500mhz board off ebay, with 512mb ram would it be able to play dvd's, music, and gps, ?

i have a PIII 600Mhz laptop. It plays DVDand mp3 just fine. never tried gps on it. What kind of CPU is it?
    ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

something liek this http://cgi.ebay.com/VIA-EPIA-MII6000...QQcmdZViewItem

its a via cpu.

Comment

Most of the via cpu users here seem to have between 800-1000 Mhz. Maybe do a Google search for the model # and see if people report any performance issues when doing DVD, mp3, etc...
        ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

DVD alone is no problem on my P III 500. But as soon as you add a front-end, winamp in background, GPS, and internet: IT SLOWS TO A CRAWL. And don't even think about running flash too big on-screen. 100% CPU is my middle name.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
            DVD alone is no problem on my P III 500. But as soon as you add a front-end, winamp in background, GPS, and internet: IT SLOWS TO A CRAWL. And don't even think about running flash too big on-screen. 100% CPU is my middle name.
            How much ram do you have on it? I have a PIII 450 with 512MB and I have absolutely no problems as far as what you said...

Peace,

Rafster
            Post # 3000

Comment

Rule of thumb : a 1ghz via cpu = 500Mhz PIII.
              Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
                How much ram do you have on it? I have a PIII 450 with 512MB and I have absolutely no problems as far as what you said...

Peace,

Rafster
                256 ram
                HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
                  256 ram
                  That's why...

Double that (If you can) you shouldn't have any problems...

Peace,

Rafster
                  Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                  X