carputer in a 96 monte

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carputer in a 96 monte

hey everyone, just signed up for the board bc im thinking about installing a carputer in my 96 monte carlo, and need some knowledgeable ppls advice about what kind of equipment to get and such.

first things first, since im new here too, i thought i'd point out this thread to you..

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78795

details what u need to know to start, people here are pretty nice, but with such a vague question like that, expect to get some not so nice posts from some people

Comment

ok, well im thinking about putting a microATX desktop case and running a dc/ac inverter under my seat, xenarc touchscreen in the dash, wireless LAN, gps maybe...guess im just trying to figure out exactly what im gettin myself into

Comment

start reading the post mentioned. yes its a long post, but it has almost everything you need to know and alot of the beginner questions your about to ask. lol. literally the same questions have been asked here a few hundered times a piece. after you read, do a search for a few things your unclear on and if you still dont find an answer ask away and someone will have no problem answering and specifics. its the general im too lazy, wheres the easy button that gets the flame thrower out.

At any rate, Welcome to the hobbie that never ends once started. :P
        MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
        M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
        7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
        Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
        Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by yrean
          start reading the post mentioned. yes its a long post, but it has almost everything you need to know and alot of the beginner questions your about to ask. lol. literally the same questions have been asked here a few hundered times a piece. after you read, do a search for a few things your unclear on and if you still dont find an answer ask away and someone will have no problem answering and specifics. its the general im too lazy, wheres the easy button that gets the flame thrower out.

At any rate, Welcome to the hobbie that never ends once started. :P
          i know ALL about those kinda hobbies...im a car audio NUT so...

Comment

if i were to use a psu like this http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=146 how does power get from it to the motherboard...do i need a special cable?

Comment

like any other PSU would.

It has a molex plug on it (the white grid looking thing) that goes from it to a similar white grid looking thing on a computer.

Question: have you ever taken apart a computer before? Do you know what all of the parts and pieces are that are involved in it?
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I'm sorry I have to be an *** for a second,

today's monte's = 2 door lumina
                come on, chevy got rid of the V8 and the RWD and other goodness

I say forget the system in this car and do all that to a real monte carlo

lol sorry I just had to say it, my turn to be an *** this time.
                MORE COWBELL.

Comment

Working...
                X