Nice little diagram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice little diagram

I made this in Microsoft Visio and want to share it.

im still trying to understand how to hook up audio sutff so when i do ill make a more elaborate diagram.

Just thought it would be good for noobs like u and me.

I don't see any power going to the amps, only signal and grounds. I also don't see a ground off of the PSU. The touch screen needs a gound too.

Come to look at it all, the only things I see with grounds are the amps and the battery....is this as intended?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Get an internal sound card, you wont have to power it. A usb hub should be powered enough to feed enough juice to the components without having it plugged in somewhere.

Comment

ok ill do a little update and re put it up

Comment

If the screen is powered off the PSU then i think the ground is on that same wire unless im wrong.

Comment

the screen still needs to be grounded....where else are the electrons going to go if the screen isn't grounded...the electrons aren't going to flow back down the power line to be grounded through the PSU. Each device with power to it needs to be grounded. Same with the mobo - but most PSUs plugs have a ground wire built into them. Many times though it is still necessary to ground the motherboard. And what about the second power supply? It's still not grounded. The optical drive will need power and ground as well. It cannot get the power needed via USB only.

also, I would recomend fusing each component individually. You can find distro blocks that have fusing built in. The fuse at the battery and before the distro block is usually put into place to protect the power wire. You still should fuse each individual component.

Also, you really need to dedicate a power line for each component in your set-up, each of those power lines needs to be fused like I mentioned above.

Splitting the power line to each amp isn't generally best practice.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

but that powerline is a molex connector which has the power and ground on it

lol ill keep making it until its perfect

Comment

ok update #3

woops forgot to add ground to cd but ill do that soon

Comment

Originally posted by Evilbunny1114
                  are you talking about the powerline off of the PSU to the mobo?

if so, that's what I said in my last post.

if you're speaking of the screen still....
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

ok update #3

woops forgot to add ground to cd but ill do that soon
                    THAT looks good!

and if the CD player takes a barrel style connector for power, it should have the ground in that same wire.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

lol ill keep making it until its perfect

It depends how you want to present your diagrams.

There is no need to show every wires there is because sometimes it just not practical. Unless of course you want to draw the full circuit diagram.

You can forever go into details down to every wires if you want. How about each wires that connect to the PSU into the motherboard, thats more than enough to complicate and confuse beginners.

On some areas where you may want to go into details like the fuse and the battery/charging circuit. The rest like screen, DVD, GPS are all self explanatory. In most cases theres no need to show supply/ground on them.

Like what you said supply on the molex already have the necessary supply. You can go on detailing each wires but theres no need because it will only complicate matters. Of course common sense is required from the person whos reading your diagram.

When you draw a block diagram like what you are trying to do here. In this case, when you draw a ground it normally indicate a seperate connection such as bolting the parts to the chassis or a strap even though the device is already getting the 0V/ground through the supply wires.

I dont see anyone grounding the GPS unit directly to the car chassis. If you did this then yes you may want to indicate that connection on your diagram.

I hope that make sense

Comment

Heres an example where you may want to show a ground specifically on your diagram >>>

That is if you did use that connection to directly connect to the car chassis. Of course you get this on amps too, but not really on screen, gps and other PC parts.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Since he's talking about posting it for newbies, I figured it was pretty important to have the basic gist of what all needs to be wired up. Things like all of the wires in a molex aren't needed. The single power/ground line should indicate that to most (I would hope!)
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                            Since he's talking about posting it for newbies, I figured it was pretty important to have the basic gist of what all needs to be wired up. Things like all of the wires in a molex aren't needed. The single power/ground line should indicate that to most (I would hope!)

Hmm ok.

Just wondering why the screen get special treatment on grounds? Is it because the screen have the +12V and 0V wires separated? Where the CD player uses barallel type, hence one wire to a newbies?

Comment

the barrel connector that provides power to that screen should be two wires. One will be for power and one for ground. You can't just connect those two wires to the power on the PSU, you need to ground it.

You are correct, the CD player then would need a ground line as well.
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X