X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to put CarPC and Older Cars???

hey guys
    just askin a few questions
    I'm thinking of building my carPC into the space where i keep my spare tyre, do you think this is a good idea? and how would i keep it cool?

also have many people had much success building carPC's into older cars, my car is from 1988 so i dont wanna start building until im absolutely certain that it will work

Streetdeck puts 'em there...click to see more:
    http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=181

2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

why wouldnt it work

ur car has a battery? and an alternator?

then it will work

edit: k, i realize this isnt really helpful, lol

it'll work with any car as long as you can get power to the unit, getting sound out of it might be a different story, theres a lot of options you can take, if ur car has a cassette adapter u can use the audio out from mobo, and the adapter

or, lose any headunit u have, and just use a 3.5mm out to rca cable straight from the comp to an amp system

so, it doesnt matter what car, hell, people put computers on boats/motorcycles, whatever

hell, u could build it on a mountain bike if u had a battery for it

Comment

lol, thanks for the help guys... that gives me an idea... build one on my mountain bike :P

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78795

before you delve into this, I think you need to better understand what all is involved. If you did understand that already, you wouldn't have asked this question. That's why I'm posting that link.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
          X