Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatibility: 4 Pin ATX power socket + M2ATX?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility: 4 Pin ATX power socket + M2ATX?

Dear all,

Have been a long time lurker and a first time poster.

Before hand, would like to say a big thank you for the wealth of information provided by this forum.

I've gotten all the parts to start my installation until I notice that the M2ATX is not recommended for

Please check your motherboards specifications and make sure that the CPU is not getting V(core) from the 12V rail (should be on the 5V rail).

Not recommended for motherboards with Pentium 4s and motherboards that have 4 pin 12V ATX connectors, which is an indication that the motherboard is using 12V for V(core).
    Got the info HERE

My mobo is MSI PM8M3-V VIA UniChrome P4M800CE Socket 775 mATX MB w/Vid. Link HERE

I'm not sure if the mobo has V Core, but it does have a 4 Pin ATX power socket for the CPU there... The manual says it's for optional P4 power supply?

I'm using a Celeron 2.66Ghz CPU.

Am I screwed?

HELP?!

Oh, and thanks in advance, guys and girls!

I don't think the Celeron requires that connection to be made.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

So, for non P4 proc I'll just leave it unplugged, rite? Well, seems like I'm safe for now.

Thanks again!

Comment

If the motherboard uses that 4-pin 12v connector, it probably won't boot up if the 4-pin connector isn't connected and providing power. I don't think the CPU requiring the 12v conenction has anything to do with it.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          If the motherboard uses that 4-pin 12v connector, it probably won't boot up if the 4-pin connector isn't connected and providing power. I don't think the CPU requiring the 12v conenction has anything to do with it.

My Soyo K7MVE socket A mobo for Athlon CPU require 4 pin 12V to boot. Without it, only the CPU fan spin and nothing else.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Yup, same with my Jetway board in my ride.
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Thanks guys!

I went scouting for the 4 pin power socket. Guess what? None available locally!

I ended up buying a whole PSU just to get the socket!!!

Well, at least I now have a PSU to power up my carputer at home...

Well, maybe it's easily available in the USA/Europe, but where I stay. None. Maybe the moderators would like to put this up as a reminder to newbies when they start to purchase parts?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X