ok i know how to put a pc together but not like bios stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok i know how to put a pc together but not like bios stuff

i know how to put everything together but how do i like install/setup the bios and windows and all that stuff.

building a pc for friend then car pc for me. my pc i have now was built then i put a whole bunchh of new parts so i dont know how to do bios and os and stuff

You can build the PC, but you can't do the BIOS or OS?! That's half the install right there.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

Originally posted by ricecrispy210 View Post
      i know how to put everything together but how do i like install/setup the bios and windows and all that stuff.

building a pc for friend then car pc for me. my pc i have now was built then i put a whole bunchh of new parts so i dont know how to do bios and os and stuff
      The BIOS is already installed. You read the manual to see what each option does.

To install Windows, set the BIOS to boot off of the CD/DVD drive insert Windows disk and follow prompts. Assuming your using XP, of course....

You should probably try a few more desktop installs before you try to build a carputer. They can be somewhat tricky. Check out some general pc forums for awhile...

Not trying to be snobbish, but you really should have some basic computer understanding before you start hacking your car's interior apart.
      -ZtH01
      "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

ive done like cathodes new fans strobe lights dvd burner and rerun all the wiring in my pc i think i can put it together good but could a computer store do the bios and os for me do u think

Comment

ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
          Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
          Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ODYSSEY View Post
            i take it this is bad

Comment

Try here for help - http://www.angelfire.com/rings/judy_patch/
              ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
              Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
              All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
              Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never visit.... Kills brain... cellzzzzzzzz.

ive done like cathodes new fans strobe lights dvd burner and rerun all the wiring in my pc i think i can put it together good but could a computer store do the bios and os for me do u think
                An untraied monkey (like xbrady's avatar) can put together a computer. It is getting the thing to POST, getting the fiddly M$ OS on there without the blue screen of death, loading all the drivers that the manufactures handily forgot to put on CD's, finding out that someone has hax0red your XP liscense and finding a way around it, without talking to your soon-to-be-best-buddy in the Indian offices of Microsoft Product Activation only to find out, that after all that work, flames are shooting out the back because you weren't watching the computer, and you didn't secure the heatsink properly and used no thermal paste, so your CPU's transistors explodimified sending silicon shrapnel into your skull, and WHY?????????

Because putting the parts together is easy. Getting the PC working well is not as easy. Eventually you will get the hang of it, and make yourself a slipstream XP install CD, so all you do is pop it in at night, and when you wake up, your PC is booted into XP, already activated, all your favourite software already installed, and your preferences are already setup... Ahhh, the good life!
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i think ill just pay a store or my friends bro to do os and bios once i do car install

Comment

i think ill just pay a store or my friends bro to do os and bios once i do car install
                    Very rarely do you ever need to update the BIOS. Also how will you ever learn if you pay someone else?

It is simple, once you know what you are doing.
                    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                      An untraied monkey (like xbrady's avatar) can put together a computer. It is getting the thing to POST, getting the fiddly M$ OS on there without the blue screen of death, loading all the drivers that the manufactures handily forgot to put on CD's, finding out that someone has hax0red your XP liscense and finding a way around it, without talking to your soon-to-be-best-buddy in the Indian offices of Microsoft Product Activation only to find out, that after all that work, flames are shooting out the back because you weren't watching the computer, and you didn't secure the heatsink properly and used no thermal paste, so your CPU's transistors explodimified sending silicon shrapnel into your skull, and WHY?????????
                      "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

I think this person needs to better understand computers before he goes much further.

Sounds like someone has just heard the word 'BIOS' and just thought, I need that....no thought or research into what it is, how it works, why you have it and need it, nothing.

Sounds like the OP needs to do a bit more research, or throw money at the problem like he's suggesting, and it will go away.
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Without knowing how to install an OS, I would advise you to stay away from this hobby. You will WASTE your time, effort, MONEY, energy due to cursing.

Also, if you aren't familiar with how car electrical system work or audio system, you are asking for disaster. If sound crazy, but you can accidentally set you car in flame. Worst case, you can kill yourself and somebody else as well.
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Very informative! I had no idea hard drives had IP addresses!
                            -ZtH01

Comment

You'll never learn if you let the store do it. Have your friends brother help you. You'll learn a thing or two that way.
                              -ZtH01

Comment

Working...
                              X