my project (car pc): need some advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my project (car pc): need some advice

i have a 96 maxima gle with a bose system.

ok so i'm pretty much a huge noob when it comes to electronics. i'm planning to use the whole m1-atx m1000 via thing that a lot of people use. i have 2 different pictures. they're both of the same thing.

so is this about right?

oh and i don't have an amp that all the speakers connect to. i think the amps are located behind each speaker.

That might work... heres my original carpc plans:

Comment

uh, is this what you mean
      http://www.lucasmiller.net/Graphics/...gnant-pony.gif

Comment

I take it you use a halloween pumpkin as the car battery?
        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

hahaaha , use Microsoft paint , thats hard to make out.

Comment

Heres designs for RoBoMan, hes gonna sit on backseat and fix all damages, like R2D2 in starwars... dont copy the design

Comment

wow you guys are so helpful

Comment

Well on high level, what i can make out of those pics... everything seems to be in order... except connecting computer directly to speakers? but u better wait for more qulified people to give theor opinion.

Comment

why are cars like mazes?

Comment

from looking at the pic everything is right except you cant go straight to the speakers from the computer, you have to run a car amplifier or a head unit (car stereo) to amplify the speakers.

if you are going to use just an amp you can go from the computer directly to the amp and from the amp to the speakers and the only volume control you will have is the computer volume.

if you are going to use a car stereo you have to buy one with an auxilary input. then you can go from the computer to the inputs on the stereo and then the stereo can amplify the speakers, this way you can control the volume of the sound from the computer with the volume control on the car stereo.

Comment

oh and hey, since you didnt know that to begin with you should probably just get it installed professionaly or research it for a very, very long time and dont try anything unless you are positive its right cuz its very easy to fry stuff

Comment

I would include AMP on your diagram. Otherwise it'll work.
                        f1vlad.com/subaru/sparow
                        ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ 80% progress § (sold)

Comment

"i think the amps are located behind each speaker."
                          it seems that my speakers have individual amps attached to them.
                          would it be easier to take out the head unit and attach split rca cables in there once i know which wires are which? or should i tap into the existing speaker wires?

Comment

Sounds like u have active speakers... then i guess would be better to find a way to connect computer to headunit... u might try searching for that, theres several well documented ways. Take your hu out or google and find out if it has (RCA) AUX-in and if not try to find AUX-in adapter for your hu model.

Comment

MUHHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!1111111 I AM AT WORK laughing my *** off right now. you guys are ******* hilarous!@#!@# lmao

the plans for his carputer looks like they were drawn with crayon while riding a ******* roller coaster. lmao. im not saying you have to draw something in 3dbut good lord....
                              - sh00k
                              Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Working...
                              X