Computer Freezing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Freezing?

Well I had my PC running fine with all accessories working properly. Then one day I started to notice my pc would hang after turning my car off. I have a opus 150w controlling and usually does the job well. So I went in the trunk and disconnected my battery. Afterwords I tried to start up the computer again and no go. Windows screen and chkdsk started to run and it found alot of bad files and it seemed as though it repaired them, so i go to reboot and the screen where it ask you to "start normally, go to the three different safe modes, and etc." I tried to start normally but it hangs at the windows booting screen and automatically restarted and took me back to that screen. I try to go into safe mode any of the three and the pc automatically reboots? Then I try "Last known good config" and it freezes on that windows loading screen? Trying to figure out why?

Originally posted by Philly#1 Lex View Post
    Well I had my PC running fine with all accessories working properly. Then one day I started to notice my pc would hang after turning my car off. I have a opus 150w controlling and usually does the job well. So I went in the trunk and disconnected my battery. Afterwords I tried to start up the computer again and no go. Windows screen and chkdsk started to run and it found alot of bad files and it seemed as though it repaired them, so i go to reboot and the screen where it ask you to "start normally, go to the three different safe modes, and etc." I tried to start normally but it hangs at the windows booting screen and automatically restarted and took me back to that screen. I try to go into safe mode any of the three and the pc automatically reboots? Then I try "Last known good config" and it freezes on that windows loading screen? Trying to figure out why?
    Did the opus generally shutdown the computer gracefully or did it just cut the power.

Sounds like the OS if borked, or perhaps, your HD is going, but of course, a power problem could always cause this.

Try the following in no particular order,

Take the computer inside and try it with a desktop PS. This will let you know if it is a power problem, or an OS/Hardware issue.

Check that your wiring is o.k. Start from the battery to your computer, checking all connections. See if you have are significant voltage drop between the battery and the computer.

Try a different HD.

Try and restore your OS with a good backup you already have (if you do)

Check the voltages of the outputs of the Opus. You will have to jumper the green wire (I think it is green) to ground in order to energize the various wires of the OPUS.

Try removing any USB Hubs, or external devices. Just try booting with the CPU and RAM. Then try with adding a HD.

Let us know what happens.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

If you get the machine back up, make a backup of the os if you already havent done os. this will save mucho headaches to rebuild. I found if you buy a new drive ( ie. Maxtor ) the install disc has a really good disc copy program on it to copy everything from your primary drive to the new drive.
      HTH
      2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited V10
      Generic DVD
      2 7" Headrest monitors
      Acorp 7km400QP 2500+ 1GB DDR400 - m1ATX
      Delorme Earthlink GPS
      XM-PCR1000
      7" TS
      Worklog

Comment

Working...
      X