Just Joined, hoping to mod my Kia Sportage 2002

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Joined, hoping to mod my Kia Sportage 2002

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum due to interest in having a carputer. I have a 2002 Kia Sportage for the rig i want to mod. Also, i have some spare computers lying around. I have 2 e-machines (533MHz and 466MHz) with the stock parts and upgraded ram (2x 128mb sticks). I know that these are old compys, but i figured that they would have more than enough processor power to run an MP3 system. Anywho...i'll start browsing the forum for the answers i am looking for, and if i can't find the info, i'll post here and ask.
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...carKollege.jpg
    **My Future Carputer**
    AMD XP2200| 768mb RAM | HP Motherboard | onboard 32mb video | CD-ROM drive | 10gb hdd

Sounds good man, and welcome to the forum!
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

welcome to the addiction!

enjoy your stay and get comfy!
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

hello!

but i warn you now...533 is more than enough for an mp3system but be prepared to get sucked in and want gull gps and the whole package and have to go for something a bit more fiesty. if they are P3's then maybe look our for a nice little P3 1ghz CPU as those things are really good in a carPc due to low power consumption but cracking performance for the money and power.

Comment

Thanks for the friendly response all! The members can make or break a forum...so far you are all making it a pleasant experience for me.

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey View Post
          hello!

but i warn you now...533 is more than enough for an mp3system but be prepared to get sucked in and want gull gps and the whole package and have to go for something a bit more fiesty. if they are P3's then maybe look our for a nice little P3 1ghz CPU as those things are really good in a carPc due to low power consumption but cracking performance for the money and power.
          Well, if it comes to that, I just ordered a new processor (AMD64 3400) to replace my AMD64 2800. Plus, my order came with a free gigabyte MB, so i think i have some expanding options LOL. I'll start with the little e-machines first though LOL.
          **My Future Carputer**
          AMD XP2200| 768mb RAM | HP Motherboard | onboard 32mb video | CD-ROM drive | 10gb hdd

Comment

ahh sweet. AMD 64 it is then

make sure you get a decent psu for WHEN you decide to upgrade

Comment

Hi Chrst, and welcome to the forums

Comment

Originally posted by Chrstpholofigus View Post
                Hello everyone. I just joined this forum due to interest in having a carputer. I have a 2002 Kia Sportage for the rig i want to mod. Also, i have some spare computers lying around. I have 2 e-machines (533MHz and 466MHz) with the stock parts and upgraded ram (2x 128mb sticks). I know that these are old compys, but i figured that they would have more than enough processor power to run an MP3 system. Anywho...i'll start browsing the forum for the answers i am looking for, and if i can't find the info, i'll post here and ask.
                Welcome.... read a lot and ask good questions.
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forums. Also for an MP3 system you may need a nicer sound card.
                  -------
                  I'm hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Chrstpholofigus View Post
                    Thanks for the friendly response all! The members can make or break a forum...so far you are all making it a pleasant experience for me.
                    Then you haven't met some of our more notorious users yet.

Welcome to the forums!
                    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

Originally posted by Siezmik View Post
                      Then you haven't met some of our more notorious users yet.

Welcome to the forums!
                      O really? Let's hope i never will then.
                      **My Future Carputer**

Comment

Sup and welcome to the forum.
                        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ODYSSEY View Post
                          Sup and welcome to the forum.
                          Thanks
                          **My Future Carputer**

Comment

Greetings

Just happened to fall apon your thread for the '02 sportage. Just curious what kind of progress you have made? I too have an '02 sportage that I am working on. I have everything picked out, PC and software ready to go, stereo on order, just looking at display options right now. Any ideas? In-Dash would be the simplest, stand alone the cheapest. I'm thinking of using a standalone mounted flush or slightly recessed in the headliner, running Road Runner, and the startrek theme. How geeky can a guy get? lol

Comment

Welcome and I enjoy your Avatar.

Equilibrium, yea? ;-)
                              I have Heatware and eBay feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X