CarPuter Audio vs H/U Audio Quality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPuter Audio vs H/U Audio Quality

I'm currently tossing around the idea of installing a caputer in my new 07 Scion tC. I've seen the various other builds and I'm a bit jealous. One of my biggest concerns with a carputer is audio performance.

Simple Question: Is there a noticeable difference between the audio performance of a carputer and a 'standard' (aftermarket) H/U?

Does using the outputs from a sound card and a heap of converters/cables/amplifiers have a noticeable impact?

My main reason for asking is simply space, the tC has a double din factory deck that I'd be replacing with a 7" screen. I want to avoid stashing a H/U somewhere, (as well as spending the money on more 'useful' components) but not at the cost of audio quality.

Thanks in Advance.

do a search for that same question in the car audio section, it has been discussed in depth. also search for alpine pxa-h701. usb-dac. uhm bit-perfect. uhm..most of red's posts: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=8576 as well as turbocad: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=12732 to name a few

in short..yes..it's very doable
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

...and now you know why this was posted in the "newbie" area. Thanks for the guiding hands.

One more question... Now that I have the access to all this knowledge, who do I get to blame for giving me enough rope to hang myself by?

Comment

We're here to help you.

If you have any questions, shoot!
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by DivisionbyZero View Post
          ...and now you know why this was posted in the "newbie" area. Thanks for the guiding hands.

no prob. i know how it is when you first start out..you need someone to throw ya a bone. if you read red's sig file you will find out how good a computer can be for sq.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

This thread should be manditory reading. I learned more last night reading that entire (yes all 31 pages) thread than I ever thought possible.

Comment

Maybe I should just go ahead and make that thread a sticky?

lol
              Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

can we give a 'noob of the year award'? finally someone posts his findings in a thread he started. now when someone does a search for this question this thread will be a usefull start.

red..i think you should
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

hehehe - you're right Scott. It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?!
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx View Post
                    can we give a 'noob of the year award'? finally someone posts his findings in a thread he started. now when someone does a search for this question this thread will be a usefull start.

red..i think you should

Don't be so sure, had I been the noob of the year, I would have searched a bit more thoroughly and found that thread to begin with... but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by DivisionbyZero View Post
                      Don't be so sure, had I been the noob of the year, I would have searched a bit more thoroughly and found that thread to begin with... but I'll take what I can get.
                      thats why you are still a noob hahahaa.
                      New System in progress:
                      M10k
                      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Working...