computer shuts off when I go from car in accessory position to on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer shuts off when I go from car in accessory position to on

I have my power supply hooked up to a secondary battery on my rear seat and have a problem with the computer shutting off when I turn the key from accessory to cranked on. This only occurs if I were to turn on the computer while the car is off or on the accessory position. Then while the computer is on , if i turn crank the motor, the computer shuts off.

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix teh problem. The voltage does not seem to fluctuate much. The fluctuation is anywhere from 12v-14.4 Which is perfectly normal.

If I cant figure out whats causing this, I may just buy an automatic power supply that takes car of startup and shutdown via ignition.

im guessing you're using an inverter. you should be using something to regulate your voltage like the m1 or m2-atx or opus power supplies
    [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
    [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
    [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
    CarPC:
    SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
    8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
    Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by ultraz View Post
      If I cant figure out whats causing this, I may just buy an automatic power supply that takes car of startup and shutdown via ignition.
      That is probably the easiest solution to your problem.
      As was stated above, you don't provide any details about your setup, how you're powering the setup or anything else. As a result, we're unable to even guess at your problem, other than to say that your setup can not survive engine crank.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Need more details. Is that secondary battery hooked up to your electrical system (i.e. the system used to start the car) or is it completely isolated from your car's system.

My guess is that you have it hooked up to your main electrical system so you can recharge the secondary battery. In that case, unless you're using something called a TANK circuit, your secondary battery will be drawn upon when starting the car. That could cause your problem right there.

The FAQ Emporium has a nice FAQ on tank circuits, or do a search for "tank circuit".
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Read this thread to find your answer
          http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthre...hlight=combine
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
          X