Sat. Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat. Radio

When you buy the sat. radio things from Mp3car.com/store, do those hook up to the comouter or through your headunit...and is there anything else needed to get sat. radio....do you have to pay a fee to get it?
    ABIT VA-20 motherboard, AMD 1700+, 512mb RAM, 40gb HD, M1-ATX power supply, Lilliput 7" touchscreen

The units are actually designed to connect to a headunit, although there are special cables (in the case of XM) or a replacement board (in the case of Sirius) that allows connection to a computer.
    And yes, you need to pay the monthly subscription fee to the appropriate satellite proivider (XM or Sirius).
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You also need to live in the U.S. to get XM. Not sure if it is available in Canada.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
        You also need to live in the U.S. to get XM. Not sure if it is available in Canada.
        Ooooh. I missed that vital point. Actually, I believe one or both of the satellite radio providers has coverage in the great White north.
        I'd check witht he service that you're interested in to make certain they have coverage where you need coverage. Do this before you sign up, so that you're not stuck paying a monthly fee for a service you can't even get.
        THAT would suck major balls.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
        X