In dash LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In dash LCD

Dunno if this is where this goes, but you can't go wrong with a newb question in the newbie section

Anyways, all I want is an In dash motorized 7" screen w/ a DVD player. The catch is that I want to be able to hook up a console to it (ps2, xbox, or maybe even an xbox 360). The console will be in the truck and wired up. What I need to know is if there is anything special I need to be looking for on the screen. Is there a certain output that I need and if so what is it?

A link to the type of screen that I would need to buy would even be better. Thanks.

Copnsidering we put in full-blown PCs for that chore (and more!), you're not going to get a lot of help.

I can tell you that when you shop around for such a headunit, you're going to want to insure it has an auxilliary video input for your console. Just something to watch for when you are comparison shopping.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I know most all of you guys put in a pc instead, but for what I'll use mine for it wouldn't really be worth it. I am going to get a xbox 360 for my house anyways, so I'm going to get an extra set of cables for the car, then put a box in the trunk so that I can take it from car to house just by moving the controller and the system.

I really only want games, dvds, and music, so the 360 will take car of all 3, but I still want the in dash player to have dvd so I can watch when I don't have the 360 in the car.

Comment

what darque said

ANY screen with RCA inputs will work for what you want, motorized or not

just find any screen with RCA inputs and u'll be fine (RCA = composite input)

Comment

might as well get a pioneer , alpine or any regular dvd headunit with rca inputs... will be easier to do all three... that way you wont have to reach back to the 360 to put in a cd
          My Site: http://www.reinerweb.us
          My Car : http://members.cardomain.com/reiner15

Car Computer Alias - TekPC
          Current Progress - - Brainstorming

Comment

might as well get a pioneer , alpine or any regular dvd headunit with rca inputs
            The screen that I buy will have the DVD included.

One other thing. The higher the resolution the better the quality correct? Or is there a better way to measure how good the quality is?

Comment

For what you want to do, it's not really going to matter.
              For those of s putting a PC in our rides, it matters a lot. DVDs are far lower resolution than DVDs (or any composite video signal, for that matter).
              How about the Wiki?

Comment

Yeah, but what about for the x-box 360?

Comment

You can connect an XBox360 to your TV, right?
                  How about the Wiki?

Comment

hmmm, that's not entirely true... there are big differences between composite screens in brightness, viewing angles, response times, contrast ratio's etc etc...

if you want really good, consider alpine eclipse, etc...
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

& btw, I know alpines usually have an s-video input, which is about as good as your going to get with a composite small screen, my alpine is much better viewability in the daytime than any average zenarc or lilli

the majority of these multimedia heads don't give spec's of the lcd's, so comparisons on paper is difficult, but generally, the more it costs, the better it'll probably be... I can vouch for the awsome screens used in the alpines since I have a bit of experience with them, & there generally regarded as the best...
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                      X