use headunit to play sound from comp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use headunit to play sound from comp?

what does a head unit need in order for me to hook my carputer up so that when i play an mp3 on my harddrive it will play through the headunit?

please help, i tried searching again, but just like last time, i dont know what to even search for

Originally posted by ZoomBy View Post
    what does a head unit need in order for me to hook my carputer up so that when i play an mp3 on my harddrive it will play through the headunit?

please help, i tried searching again, but just like last time, i dont know what to even search for
    I'll be nice.... this time.....

You need an Auxilary Input Adapter...

What kind of HU do you have?

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

yes, make sure your HU has an AUX in. It typically consists of 2 RCA female connectors on the back of the HU in which you would use one of these:
      to connect from the HU to your computer.

Comment

I had the same question. I have the Alpine CDA 9856. The AUX IN is for an Ipod and CD changer, both of which look like somewhat of an S-Video plug. Through some research I found out that it is AI-Net connection ( or Versatile Link). If you have an Alpine headunit, you can get an adapter for it. Just google AI-Net to RCA and you will find places to purchase it from.

Comment

well i dont have a head unit yet, still the stock radio, but im planning on updating that soon, however it will be a while before my carputer is ready, so im just looking for some info so when the time comes my headunit will be compatible, thanks guys!

Comment

Just search the net for an aux input adapter for your car radio. If there is 1, no need to replace the radio unless you want too.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by KillaB27 View Post
              I had the same question. I have the Alpine CDA 9856. The AUX IN is for an Ipod and CD changer, both of which look like somewhat of an S-Video plug. Through some research I found out that it is AI-Net connection ( or Versatile Link). If you have an Alpine headunit, you can get an adapter for it. Just google AI-Net to RCA and you will find places to purchase it from.
              that svideo looking thing is an input for an AUX adapter, bestbuy sells them right next to the sirius equipment, just ask one of the reps
              screen name here use to be MegaloRESE15"

Comment

I use a Kenwood HU, check out crutchfield.com for various types they just about all use the same adapter. Then google the one you like u should find it cheaper somewhere but cructhfield will do the work for you as far as what can go in ur specific car and factory wiring adapters and such...good luck
                Car PC Status {------- }0%

Car Died along with Autonode Monitor after returned to me. Worked for 3 Months then died again. The car engined died not long after!

Upgraded to 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
                Exploring options of a double din unit style Car PC.

Comment

Working...
                X