music only coming through front speakers with new carputer setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music only coming through front speakers with new carputer setup

Just wired up a sound blaster live! 5.1 with my laptop, amps and speakers.
    Wiring is right, other speakers play when plugged into front output. The computer is simple playing the media file in stereo only. How do i make it 4.1 or 5.1?

Did you setup the speakers in the Windoze control panel?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

is it a DVD audio cd?

many times you will have problems decoding a true 5.1 signal if you're not set-up properly.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Open up EAX Control Panel, and look for the CMSS tab. You should be able to enable CMSS to "mirror" the front audio to the rea channels. In my experience with Live! 5.1, it wasn't all that great because they limited the frequency range of the rear speakers (this was 4 years ago).

Starting with the Audigy 2 (I think since it was my 2nd purchase) there is CMSS 2 and it mirrors the channels more appropriately, but it was inconsistent. It turns out there's a Control Panel that loses the bloat of Audio HQ (I never install it). In the CMSS tab, there's a 3rd option that mirrors the channels perfectly while providing other tabs for configuring your soundcard. I love it, except there's no tab for individually adjusting the channel levels :-(

Comment

Working...
        X