Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "new to site" thread

Hi people

New user here, although I've been lurking as a guest for a couple of months reading up on various threads etc and thought the time was right to join.

Just managed to lay my hands on a deadish (hopefully just power supply) computer from work, the motherboard is an Epia M10000 with 512mb RAM and a 160gb HDD.

Now all I need to sort out is a Lilliput 7" touchscreen, power supply (any suggestions for proper timed shutdown/startup greatfully appreciated), soundcard, 5.1 amp and a GPS receiver and then setup and install in my car

I'll probably have lots of questions soon but just wanted to say hi for the moment.
    Project install no where near started!

Hi, and welcome.

Just remember to continue reading and searching to try and solve your issue, which will definitely arise. Just know that the chances of you being the only person to ever experience that particular issue is very slim, so an answer is most likely in the forums someplace.

If the answer is not on the board, don't hesitate to ask. Someone should be able to help.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
      If the answer is not on the board, don't hesitate to ask. Someone should be able to help.

Michael
      Hi Michael

Thanks for the welcome, don't worry, i'm used to forums, been on a few

Just need to keep pressing that search button!

Comment

[QUOTE=Jive;930022]Now all I need to sort out is a Lilliput 7" touchscreen[quote]

used or new?

power supply (any suggestions for proper timed shutdown/startup greatfully appreciated)
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11 - full forum just waiting for your questions!

soundcard
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=929593

5.1 amp
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82408

and a GPS receiver
        will you need the antenna as well or are you going for the oem install?

welcome and enjoy your stay!
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          used or new?
          Either, I missed out on an absolute bargain the other day on Ebay, 2nd hand only been in the car for 2 months, watched it for 3 days and it finished at 10.30am on a Saturday. Logged into Ebay at 10.35am and saw it had finished with no bids ... £60 missed

Thanks for those threads, I'd already read through a couple while lurking but now I know the mobo I've got it's always handy for someone to put 2 and 2 together

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          will you need the antenna as well or are you going for the oem install?

welcome and enjoy your stay!
          I meant a USB GPS antenna for sat nav, sorry for any confusion

Thanks for your welcome and points, I've read loads of your posts and know that your a guru on here so hope to get some more pointers off you later.

Comment

Hi peeps, haven't been on here for quite a while due to work commitments meaning that I haven't had the time to contemplate doing any work to my project.

Update on where I am now : I have a mobo which is a EPIS M10000 with 512mb ram, 160gb HDD and so far that's it

Now the good and bad news, my car died on me last Monday morning, engine siezed and it's now residing on my driveway looking nice and clean but forlorn

Am gonna take this time to look at the engine and also some time getting the carputer up and running to install into the car if I can resurrect it so expect some questions soon.

Not sure if I've posted this, but this is my car that's gonna hopefully have the install

1994 Toyota J-Spec Supra MK4 NA - Storm Blue - Aerotop

Comment

Working...
            X