AMD Geode NX1750 power requirements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Geode NX1750 power requirements

I've been reading on here for a few weeks now, and I'm starting to narrow down the hardware for my CarPC. Space isn't really an issue (but price is), so I've been leaning towards an AMD Geode (socket 462) with an mATX board. Unfortunately, the power simulator that I've been playing with (linked from the forum) doesn't have anything that resembles the Geodes.

For those not familiar with the GeodeNX, it's basically an AthlonXP that runs on extremely low power. the 1500s are rated for 8w and the 1750s for about 14w.

For the rest of the components, it seems to be fairly straightforward for power calculations, but I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of power a setup like this may require.

Does anyone have information on where I might be able to find the amperage requirements for the 3.3V, 5V, and 12V rails for this motherboard/processor combination? Some of the EPIA boards seem to have similar overall wattage requirements, but I thought I had better ask before settling on a power supply. I'm leaning towards the M1-ATX since I'll only have the board, screen, GPS, a hard drive, and a flash card occasionally, but I know what kind of power I need for this stuff after reading the posts from people much more knowledgeable than I
Working...
X