just hooked up car pc, some questions about opus ps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just hooked up car pc, some questions about opus ps

i just installed my carpc and everything works good except, i have an opus 150w power supply with the ignition wire coming from what used to connect to my head unit. when i start the car, the pc does not turn on by itself like i thought it was supposed to. i still have to actually turn on the power to the pc and same with shutting it down. isnt the opus supposed to do this for me? or is there a way i can get it to? thanks

Do you have a wire that connects from the psu to the mobo power switch? Are there jumpers that need to be set?

Comment

Do you have a wire that connects from the psu to the mobo power switch? Are there jumpers that need to be set?

It's a two pin cable it should be connected to the power supply (in the only place that it will fit) and on the motherboard it should be where you regular power switch connects.
      REBUILDING!!

Comment

which one of those wires are you talking about? if its the tiny green/white one i didnt use it at all. is that my problem?

Comment

it sure is, thats what allows the opus to simulate the pressing of a power button. Make sure you orient the cable properly (+/-), it's usually easiest just to try with the connector on the mobo facing both ways, and then just test which way works.
          REBUILDING!!

Comment

i hooked up the wire on the opus end, but i have no idea where to plug it in on the mother board.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyd_tx View Post
              Do you have a wire that connects from the psu to the mobo power switch?
              Originally posted by MuDvAyNeDude122 View Post
              i hooked up the wire on the opus end, but i have no idea where to plug it in on the mother board.
              "Mobo power switch".
              Old Systems retired due to new car
              New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
                "Mobo power switch".
                "no idea where that is"

Comment

Then you need to break out the manual for you motherboard and do some lookihng.
                  There are headers where a power switch plugs into the motherboard to initiate bootup. If the power switch is already connected, disconnect it and connect that green/white wire in its place.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

and if you want to retain (sp?) your regular 'hard' power switch, you need to splice the wires together, or get a cable designed just for this puropse.
                    REBUILDING!!

Comment

Originally posted by MuDvAyNeDude122 View Post
                      "no idea where that is"
                      Yeah, me neither, since it's your motherboard.
                      Old Systems retired due to new car
                      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

well i figured out the right pin to plug it into, now i have a problem of the pc turing on as soon as it gets any power. this sounds like a problem with the ignition wire, but i used the yellow wire that went to my head unit assuming that was an ignition wire. any suggestions?

Comment

thats no bloody ignition wire problem, thats a problem with your bios! look in your bios for power options / configurations, or something like that.
                          Btw, what is the problem with the pc turning on as soon as it gets power? How do you expect it to work?
                          REBUILDING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonknell911 View Post
                            thats no bloody ignition wire problem, thats a problem with your bios! look in your bios for power options / configurations, or something like that.
                            Btw, what is the problem with the pc turning on as soon as it gets power? How do you expect it to work?
                            i dont know man, im new to EVERYTHING with this. i thought that when i turned the car on the pc would come on, not as soon as its plugged in, if it was on all the time then my battery would be dead everyday.

Comment

hmm you may have the igntion wire run wrong incorrectly I think i misunderstood your problem. The yellow wire you have may actually be the 12v that the hu uses. If you have a multimeter measure the voltage across it when the car is off, and on/cranking. If you don't have one go buy one. =) Really, they are invaluable for troubleshooting
                              REBUILDING!!

Comment

Working...
                              X