Not a Speaker person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Speaker person

I have a 2000 Chevy s-10 Blazer with 2 10" Xplosive Subs. I Want to put new door speakers in it but i wouldnt know what size they are and how would they install. It seems that mine are semi blown becuase that rattle alot...

any help is apprecitaed.

thanks

try the audio forum. Plus you probably need to be more specific about your setup and the problems. If your speakers are blown they would act a lot worse than just rattle. It could be your HU is underpowered for the speakers causing distortion at the louder levels. Explain a bit more about your situation and I bet someone will help you out with an answer.

Comment

well my main question is what speakers should i put in my 2 front doors for good bass and sound quality?....i dont think my HU is underpowerd becuase i have a Alpine CDA-9820XM Built-In XM Tuner/CD Receiver.

Comment

I would recommend JL Audio to anyone. You can get a great pair of componet speakers for about $200. Check out there web site. Also the rattling might be just the door itself. you might want to think about Dynamating the inside of the door to reduce vibration.
        Progress:

Planning [XXXXXXXXX-] - 90%

Building [XX--------] - 20%

Comment

Your truck will have 6.5" in the doors, 6x9" in the rear, and possibly a pair of 4x6" in the dash (was a factory option). Check out www.crutchfield.com for a listing of what will fit in the factory locations. Depending on if you have manual or power windows, mounting depth in the doors might be an issue for you.
          -Jay

1997 Chevy S-10, ext. cab
          CarPC Progress: 75% - Functional, but not quite finished.
          Check out my progress.

Comment

Originally posted by laxs1308 View Post
            i dont think my HU is underpowerd becuase i have a Alpine CDA-9820XM Built-In XM Tuner/CD Receiver.
            now.... explain why that HU shouldn't be underpowering your speakers because alpine is a good brand? well, so are becker, nakamishi, eclipse, pioneer, clarion, and many others. brand has nothing to do with output power. And a HU basicaly has an output of about 15-20Wrms per chanel. so yes, your HU is probably underpowering your speakers.
            Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
            CLARION HX-D2
            CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
            CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
            CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Working...
            X