No announcement yet.

50-pin JAE to IDE adapter for sony dvd burner (model DW-U50A)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50-pin JAE to IDE adapter for sony dvd burner (model DW-U50A)

Hi everyone - more computer related question then car related

I require a 50-pin JAE to 40-pin adapter so I can add my old laptops dvd burner to my new desktop computer. Not sure if all jae to ide adapters are the same, but from the photo's I have seen here - I think my dvd has the same sex connection as the adapter...

Could someone please let me know what JEA to IDE adapter I can use for the sony slimline laptop dvd burner model number DW-U50A so I can then add this to my motherboard? Mine seems to be a male connection and the adapter looks like it's male also??

I would also like to know where I can get these, I am in Australia (don't hold it against me), but don't mind if I can get one sent from the US?

Also, if anyone knows of any issues or step by step instructions for me to follow if it's not just a case of plug and play - that will be greatly appreciated also!!!

Thanks for your help guys!!! Clare

JAE gender convert - got the answer!!

No one need to reply as I found out that ALL laptop DVD's only have the female JAE contection and if there is a male one sticking out - it will be a male to male gender changer.

Anyone else with this issue - take the screws out of the outside casing and you will reveal the removeable JAE adapter.

You can still go ahead and purchase the generic JAE 50-pin to IDE 40-pin adapter to add the slimline DVD to a desktop computer or carPC.

PS, great site with heaps of information, along with interesting reading