Dash Bezels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Bezels

I have a 99 silverado xcab 3-door w/ 1.5 DIN radio opening. What i want to do is simply buy another dash bezel (one with a 2 DIN) from the dealer. As many manufacters use the same pieces for many models of cars/trucks I figured this would be simple. Well, I called the parts department of the dealer i bought the truck from, and well... he couldnt manage to remove his head from his 4th point of contact. He told me that every truck they make uses the same size opening for the stereo, they just use diffrent size stereos

So, I was wondering if somebody can help me out, does anybody have a 'hoe or silverado thats about 99-02 (i think are all basically the same parts) that came with a double din radio opening? If so, could you tell me the year and model and when i get back to the states, ill stop by a dealer and try a test fit of it.

Thanks in advance!
    It works!!

Almost all of the time too!

I have a 99 Silverado extended cab, the dude's wrong. 99-02 have a 1.5 DIN, 2003+ have a 2-din. I'm in the same boat you are, I want the 2-din. You can get the bezel easy enough off of Ebay, but you need to replace the climate control system also (I believe). I'm not sure if the wiring matches between the 2, still researching (which is how I found this forum).

Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

Funny. This morning I went researching on how to fit a DVD player in the 1.5 DIN slot, and you fine people have talked me into getting a carputer instead

Comment

an Airsaw is your friend, that is if you have enough room and meat to trim
      For Bootscreens click Here

Comment

Yeah I could adapt it easy enough, but I'd rather get a 2-din, which would give me the option of either A) Throwing in a 7inch LCD TS with virtually no/very little custom fabrication, or B) have more space to go with a bigger monitor without having to relocate my climate control.

I've done custom fiberglass work on my old 91 240SX HB, as well as my 92 Rodeo, in both cases I was molding 6-inch speakers and tweets into the doors. Both turned out OK, but those were play vehicles. With the Silverado I want to have it as clean as possible, and I don't have the faith in my own abilities to start cutting **** up on a car I actually like

Then again, I'll do what I gotta do.

Where you at Rjan?

Comment

If you still are interested

Another place to check out if you are still looking for a way to put a double din into a 1.5 chevy truck would be to check out this site

http://thedetailss.com/95-99_CK_Double_Din.html
          [1997 Chevrolet Suburban]
          PLANNING.[====================] 15%]
          CAR PC......[====================] 0%]
          INSTALL....[====================] 0%]
          INTERIOR..[====================] 0%]
          BUDGET.....[====================] 5%]

Comment

I love to dig up old stuff.
            [1997 Chevrolet Suburban]
            PLANNING.[====================] 15%]
            CAR PC......[====================] 0%]