Lill in a din

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lill in a din

I want to buy a lill 7" will it fit in a din slot??

um, unless its 7'' by 1'' probably not... unless your refering to a motorized style flip screen. in that case if it says, single din style, or something of the sort, than thats a good clue. how about you check out lilliputs website. i bet you might find something called "information" or "specifications"......
    Car Pc progress meter:
    [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
    My worklog

Comment

It will indeed fit in a single DIN slot, with 2 conditions: you have to modify the plastic frame that it comes in and you can't have it be flush-mounted. Mine doesn't quite slide in an empty DIN slot when it's in its frame, but when I take the screen out there's room to spare. That said, it's NOT a fast thing to do; I've been working on mounting the thing for a while, and now that I don't have access to any good metalworking machines, I don't see a good way to mount it.
      Old plans out the window because of an accident .
      Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
      Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

Originally posted by redls1bird View Post
        um, unless its 7'' by 1'' probably not...
        Or maybe 7" x 2" even?
        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

1" tall is more like a half din slot...
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
          X