Another critique?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another critique?

I saw how well everyone critiqued bobbykokinos carPC setup I figured I might try the same. Here is what I "think" I have figured out....

Display: Dynamix 7" 706 Touchscreen
    Hoping to get this from somewhere (mp3car may have their version in stock soon). Want this one because of brightness, auto-on/off and no cutting required.

Case/DVD/Board: AOpen Mini PC MP945-VX MiniPC w/ Intel 945GM
    This comes with a DVD+-R, etc and in a nice little case with 19V input.

Processor: T2300 Core 2 Duo
    Left of from laptop that flew out of backpack while on motorcycle.

Memory: 512MB PC2 4200 SO DIMM
    See above process comments. I have 2 of these DIMMs

Hard Drive:Seagate 100GB 5400 RPM SATA mobile
    Will buy once AOpen arrives.

Regualtor: Carnetix P2140
    Thought this would be good since it gives room for growth however the P1900 may be enough.

GPS Software/Reciever: iGuidance + BU353
    Got these and they seem to play well. Have MS Streets 2007 and it was no fun to play with. Can't imagine it with a touch screen.

Stereo: Sticking with factory for now. I think the Soundgate AUXNISSv3 will work on my car but I need to check the back of the deck or call Nissan with my model number to see if it allows a CD pack.

Front End: Road Runner and who knows which skin.

OBDII: No idea yet. Any suggestions?

WiFi: No idea yet but haven't looked hard.

The 350Z doesn't have much space so I want to keep things fairly compact. I like the AOpen Mini PC since it will handle my leftover parts and doesn't pull much juice while at the same time giving me a little bit of power. I would love to trade my 2 512MB chips for a 1GB but that can wait. I had the MiniPC but returned it because the system refused to see the drive. Now I figure I should wait until I can get my display since that is what is holding the whole process up. If I am out to lunch on anything please let me know. Thanks!

I guess no one has any comments. I will move ahead with this then.

Comment

Looks good to me especially the part about already having many components.

Make sure that air can move around to aid in cooling (don't seal it in a small box).

I really like my Opus 120 PS...so your PS choice is the only part I cannot comment on.

There are web pages listed that calculate the amount of power required, by voltage. You want a little bit of overhead.
      current projects

Comment

Working...
      X